A confession

StantonRam

hi all

In view of last night's debacle and the Radio Derby team last night mentioning our assistant manager's constant Chelsea related tweets, I had a look at his feed this morning.  That's not the confession, but this is - I was so riled by the smugness and self congratulatory nature of it all, as well as the apparent reluctance to mention who actually pays his wages these days, that I tweeted him saying that maybe he should focus on the day job of improving on last night's awful showing instead of endlessly tweeting about Chelsea.  Regrets?  I've had a few, but this wasn't one of them.

LR2

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

As someone who doesn't listen to the morons on the BBC.... what has been said?

I've just looked at Jody Morris' twitter and it seems perfectly reasonable. What's the issue? Do you want him to live tweet from the match? Maybe slag off his coworkers or something? Do you talk about your job on twitter?

Is Jody the ODCFCFSGOTW*?

*Official DCFC Fans Scapegoat Of The Week.

Gotta confess that a few times it’s pushed my nose out of joint too, but it’s because i want Frank, Jody, Shay etc to really love their time at the football club and want to be here for a long time. I’d really hate if any of them saw us just as a leg up to a dream job and sometimes with Jody the way he can come across does make it feel like a bit like that. 

Perception is a big thing in it I guess, Morris rarely does interviews and no one comes across well using twitter as a platform (but let’s face it Morris knows the vast majority of his followers will lap up anything he says much like lineker etc and that’s what he’s doing on twitter more than anything).

I just don’t want another short term regime, I want this set to come and understand what Derby County, the city and Derbyshire as a whole is about and feel like they want to stay here.

hi all

Oooh I've disturbed a hornets nest here.  TBH I don't use twitter much, so after hearing Radio Derby last night I looked at his feed today wondering what was there, and all the stuff I saw was about him and about Chelsea and other clubs and nothing about DCFC.  I didn't explore any further and wasn't sure how to TBH.  Good to know that he does show stuff about DCFC, thanks for all the contributions, but I wonder how I missed the pages that people have posted here?

I think that the troubling thing is how it looks rather than what it is.  We see three turgid, lacklustre performances and then we see our assistant manager apparently off in another world and apparently unconcerned and with time on his hands.  Therefore, we posit cause and effect, perhaps unreasonably but there it is.  Maybe people are right in the points they make above, but I still think that someone in his position should be more careful about how he uses social media and the messages, albeit unintentional, that might be understood or misunderstood by others.  They also said on Radio Derby that Frank doesn't tweet any of this kind of stuff, which in my view makes him very much the wiser of the two!

LR2

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

TBF to the OP, I could have made a longer list of Chelsea related tweets.

Not sure I have a strong opinion one way or another, just playing Devil's Advocate. 

You could, but I wasn’t replying to the Derby to Chelsea ratio of content, but the “apparent reluctance to mention who actually pays his wages these days” which is clearly not true. Quick scroll down his feed will show many more Derby related tweets.

It’s not an official club account, it’s his personal account which he makes no secret of his support of Chelsea which he’s entitled to do.

38 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I confess I burnt a hole in the matress yes yes it was me I plead guilty and at the count of three pull back the duvet and make my way to the refrigerator one dry potato inside no lie not even bread and jam when the light above my head went bam

Have you heard of the concept of punctuation

Archived