Mason Mount back in training Monday

Day

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he will come back refreshed and ready to go, he will start against the red dogs, and hit the winner, for a fantastic 1-0, victory, with Mount,Marriott and Cole in the team, we will have a much stronger team out there for our remaining games, the run in looks to be a very exciting one, and the squad is looking strong for that run in. So let get behind the lads.

He wasnt in the best of form before his injury but he still offers more than Bryson. He presses high constantly and whilst he is out the opposition can double up on Wilson, when he is back it free's up Wilson abit more.

Cant wait to get him back involved, probably have him King & Wilson as our main 3 going into the last 15 games.

1 hour ago, David said:

We’ve missed him haven’t we?

More than I realised we would. Which speaks volumes about his contribution. That’s some void he’s created considering he’s 19 or something.

Mount, Marriott, fit Lawrence, fit Evans etc could transform this team from average to play off contenders. Hopefully the rest will help them in those last few games when other teams may be feeling the strain.

Been missed, does a lot on and off the ball, one of the best yet players we have. Seen some peters that say Holmes is a better player, laughable comments.

Thats nothing against Holmes who is an good player in his own right, but MM back in the derby team gives us that something extra.

Be great to have Mount back - on reflection (after going to Ipswich) and watching today - we need some refresh and new legs to take us through into the playoffs....

So I expect to see Mount, Cole, Marriott, Efe and King. - play more of a part on driving us forward

no disrespect to the others....they look a bit tired over the last 10 days

Up the Rams - still  a positive season

46 minutes ago, McLovin said:

It's good to have another option but for me he's not a certainty to come back into the side. Would seem harsh to drop Holmes in my opinion. I'd say introduce him back slowly instead of chucking him straight in because he wasn't in great form before the injury.

Holmes has been poor in the last 2 matches

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

It's good to have another option but for me he's not a certainty to come back into the side. Would seem harsh to drop Holmes in my opinion. I'd say introduce him back slowly instead of chucking him straight in because he wasn't in great form before the injury.

Midfield 3 has got to be Huddlestone, King and Mount for me, it's almost a mouth watering midfield. 

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

No Mount has to come straight back in, we have missed him, a certain starter for myself, Frank and anyone else who understands the game.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

He has, but weirdly I don’t think he’s suited as a winger. Looks much better played inside imo. Decision to play him wide and Wilson inside today was baffling give Wilson couldn’t hold onto a ball under a challenge by a mouse

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Midfield 3 has got to be Huddlestone, King and Mount for me, it's almost a mouth watering midfield. 

Eventually I’d be looking to move to that midfield but Mount’s form worried me a bit pre injury. I’d say keep him on the bench for a few games to prevent any reoccurrence of an injury.

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I wouldn’t say he’s been poor. More lost and not having a consistent run in a position. One week he’s a right back, another week he’s a winger, the next he’s playing as a midfielder. I like him most as one of the theee midfielders. Mount wasn’t on fire before his injury in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

No Mount has to come straight back in, we have missed him, a certain starter for myself, Frank and anyone else who understands the game.

Come straight back in with two days of training after missing weeks of action? Seems a recipe for another injury to me. This isn’t a PlayStation game where you can expect a player to be firing on all cylinders. He will need time to feel his way back in. He’s been suffering with a problem since we played Chelsea. 

Archived