Roof over Pride Park

RamNut

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the wimbledon roof is a mobile roof.

apparently we are considering a fixed roof. 

Grass don’t grow well indoors, FA won’t allow plastic pitches at our level. Mega bucks to put grass down every game and take it out after 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Grass don’t grow well indoors, FA won’t allow plastic pitches at our level. Mega bucks to put grass down every game and take it out after 

I agree. But someone apparently thinks they've sorted that problem.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Here's a strange one. 

Heard a rumour today from a credible source that Derby are considering putting a roof over the whole stadium so that the venue can be used for concerts and other events.

sounds like a daft idea to me.

we'll see ?

Fake news

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I agree. But someone apparently thinks they've sorted that problem.

Possibly someone within the club has developed a method to enable photosynthesis to occur without sunlight or the story isn’t true. I’ll let you decide which of the 2 is more likely 

24 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Possibly someone within the club has developed a method to enable photosynthesis to occur without sunlight or the story isn’t true. I’ll let you decide which of the 2 is more likely 

Or it might have a glass or clear polymer roof structure...

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

The question i would like to ask, is where did this rumour come from. A news article, from the club or some mate down the pub who had one too many shandy's. The whole story is beyond reality, the cost, where the cost would come from etc

I hope they didn't overhear my conversation other day ... I was on about a new roof on pigeon coupe... 

Cannot see this happening any time soon.

When Pride Park was built the foundations were put in place so that we could add additional height and seating to the stadium if we ever became an established Premier league side.

This would not be possible if we slapped a roof on it. Apart from that we have far more important priorities to spend our money on than a new roof. Both Sheffield and Leeds have large concert venues and we would be in competition with these cities.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Maybe when they said "Roof over Pride Park", they meant "Roofe over Pride Park" and had just spotted him in a heli about to enter contract talks with Chairman Melvin.

Just because a Leeds player is hovering over Pride Park stadium in a helicopter, don't automatically assume he is coming to sign for us!  

He could be there for... erm... any number of reasons!

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Here's a strange one. 

Heard a rumour today from a credible source that Derby are considering putting a roof over the whole stadium so that the venue can be used for concerts and other events.

sounds like a daft idea to me.

we'll see ?

The ‘credible source’ isn’t ten pints of Theakstons Old Peculiar by any chance? 

Archived