Kwame Thomas

G STAR RAM

Bit random I know, but just came across his name while looking at something. 

I remember about 2014/15 a lot of people had high hopes of him being our next big breakthrough youngster.

3 years later and he is playing at Solihull Moors.

Amazing how quickly a career can unfold.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Bit random I know, but just came across his name while looking at something. 

I remember about 2014/15 a lot of people had high hopes of him being our next big breakthrough youngster.

3 years later and he is playing at Solihull Moors.

Amazing how quickly a career can unfold.

You doubting Thomas?

8 minutes ago, David said:

That's nothing. Callum Ball was going to play for England one day, now he's at Stamford looking forward to away days at Cleethorpes Town.

LOL4ABFN582W87HBCW9Y.jpg

Wow... He's a unit now (not in the way you want though). We as fans don't really have an idea of a players potential.

For every Will Hughes there are 50 Callum Balls.

Always think threads like this are a little harsh, football careers are ofcourse about hard work but there’s a lot of luck involved too. It didn’t work out for them like he hasn’t done for many many others.

Aslong as they are out enjoying where they are then it doesn’t matter where they’ve come from. Good luck to them I think.

1 minute ago, northantsram said:

Wow... He's a unit now (not in the way you want though). We as fans don't really have an idea of a players potential.

For every Will Hughes there are 50 Callum Balls.

And 100 players who's names were barely ever heard by the average fan.

Hands up who thought Lingard would become a big player for Man Utd and England after his time with us? 

Or the other way, back when he had John Brayford, many of us thought he'd go on to be a Premier league player, yet ended up league one. 

It's a funny old game and most of us fans haven't got the slightest clue when it comes to player potential 

TobyWanKenobi
33 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember watching him for the under 18s and thinking he looked very poor, Clough rated him highly but I just didn't see it.  It is no surprise to me that he didn't make it.

A bit harsh to say he didn't make it. He's still playing professional football for a living.

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember watching him for the under 18s and thinking he looked very poor, Clough rated him highly but I just didn't see it.  It is no surprise to me that he didn't make it.

To be fair, the lad got fourteen... Yes fourteen England caps at various youth levels. 

He must've had something about him. 

Goodness knows where it's all gone wrong for him. 

How many of our current top of the table U23 team have England youth caps? I think the answer is zero. And Tyree Wilson is perhaps the only one from the u18 side. 

Wierd that... Anyway, maybe Thomas could be the next Jamie Vardy? 

Just now, therealhantsram said:

To be fair, the lad got fourteen... Yes fourteen England caps at various youth levels. 

How many of out current top of the table U23 team have England youth caps? I think the answer is zero. And Tyree Wilson is perhaps the only one from the u18 side. 

He was a big lad for his age, I always think someone like him benefits by being bigger than the rest in his age group before everyone catches up.

Will Hughes on the other hand, smaller than everyone else, but absolutely mint.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He was a big lad for his age, I always think someone like him benefits by being bigger than the rest in his age group before everyone catches up.

Will Hughes on the other hand, smaller than everyone else, but absolutely mint.

Bit like Connor Wickham

26 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

How many of our current top of the table U23 team have England youth caps? I think the answer is zero. And Tyree Wilson is perhaps the only one from the u18 side. 

Pace and height on his peers.

I don't think he'd get a cap these days, now the philosophy is shifting.

1 hour ago, David said:

That's nothing. Callum Ball was going to play for England one day, now he's at Stamford looking forward to away days at Cleethorpes Town.

LOL4ABFN582W87HBCW9Y.jpg

cannot help but feel a little bit responsible for his demise. We took him under our wing in Kavos 2012, during the Euros and totally ruined him with fishbowls, vodka-boats, jager-trains and kebabs. Looking at him in this picture, he may have enjoyed it too much and struggled to revert.

8 minutes ago, Moist One said:

cannot help but feel a little bit responsible for his demise. We took him under our wing in Kavos 2012, during the Euros and totally ruined him with fishbowls, vodka-boats, jager-trains and kebabs. Looking at him in this picture, he may have enjoyed it too much and struggled to revert.

He joined Coventry that summer, same year we had the new Kappa kits, all starting to make sense now 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Hands up who thought Lingard would become a big player for Man Utd and England after his time with us? 

Or the other way, back when he had John Brayford, many of us thought he'd go on to be a Premier league player, yet ended up league one. 

It's a funny old game and most of us fans haven't got the slightest clue when it comes to player potential 

Very good point about Lingard. Never seemed to get a chance under Stevie Mac.

To be fair, Brays did end up at Cardiff in the premier league but never played. Issue with manager and owner there paid to that. He is playing a level below imho. Should have stayed with us as was doing very well.

5 minutes ago, therams69 said:

To be fair, Brays did end up at Cardiff in the premier league but never played. Issue with manager and owner there paid to that. He is playing a level below imho. Should have stayed with us as was doing very well.

Not so sure about that. He spent a couple of years at Sheff Utd.  Their fans didn't rate him. In the end they let him go on a Free Transfer. 

Archived