Kwame Thomas

G STAR RAM

There is no greater demise than that of Paris Simmons..

From being scouted by all the 'top 4' & scoring a wrongly ruled out goal on his DCFC debut in the premier league.

- Loaned to Burton & Lincoln & hardly played

- Signed for Eastwood... hardly played

- Signed for Carlton.. Not much happened

- Think he played for a few pub teams

- According to Wiki he is at New Orleans Jesters now.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

There is no greater demise than that of Paris Simmons..

From being scouted by all the 'top 4' & scoring a wrongly ruled out goal on his DCFC debut in the premier league.

- Loaned to Burton & Lincoln & hardly played

- Signed for Eastwood... hardly played

- Signed for Carlton.. Not much happened

- Think he played for a few pub teams

- According to Wiki he is at New Orleans Jesters now.

He took me for PE in 2010 ?

8 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Always think threads like this are a little harsh, football careers are ofcourse about hard work but there’s a lot of luck involved too. It didn’t work out for them like he hasn’t done for many many others.

Aslong as they are out enjoying where they are then it doesn’t matter where they’ve come from. Good luck to them I think.

Yes good points. A young players career can prospects can change on the whim of a manager or a run of bad form when contracts are being reviewed. In all sport, skill, dedication and dose of good fortune are essential. 

Think it depends on the individuals attitude 

Not sure about any of the names mentioned so it would be unfair to tarnish them with the same brush.

Its about what happens when you sign that first £400-£500 a week  contract at 17. Are you knuckling down staying in & working at getting better? Or are you out every Thursday for student night getting bladdered & throwing money about because you are on more than your peers ? 

11 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Think it depends on the individuals attitude 

Not sure about any of the names mentioned so it would be unfair to tarnish them with the same brush.

Its about what happens when you sign that first £400-£500 a week  contract at 17. Are you knuckling down staying in & working at getting better? Or are you out every Thursday for student night getting bladdered & throwing money about because you are on more than your peers ? 

Very true.

Mind it never stopped Riggott, Morris and Christie frequenting Zanzibar on the famous Monday student nights … Ahhh they were the days..... Tuesday must have been the day off back then I guess!

All this is why I would take good money for anyone just emerging from the academy, whether Bogle, Thomas or anyone else. Few of the youth stars ever seem to fulfil their promise. 

One thing, though, is that it's great we now see a pathway from the academy to the first team. That's great for the youngsters but also the finances. A bit of well placed hype and the gumps got £13m for Oliver Burke, nowadays on loan in Scotland from Championship rivals West Brom. 

9 hours ago, R@M said:

Just think if we had Rowett and not Clough. Hughes would not have had a debut. Would have been given away (even more so), and could have ended up in league 1,2 or even non league. 

Nonsense. Hughes got a debut because we had no money and no choice.

20 minutes ago, R@M said:

And you think Rowett would ever play an attacking, slight 17 year old in centre mid?

No because he didn’t play him when everyone else could see he was a good player. 

And then sold him.

I think it was the Hughes situation that hinted at how it was going to end but then Stoke went mental and gave us a big bag of money.

I don't think luck has as much to do with things as people on here make out. You make your own luck - if you practised and trained as much as someone like CR7 or Messi I genuinely believe you would be successful regardless of what league you get your first chance in. It is up to the individual how much they want to succeed and if the drive isn't there then they either drop out entirely or fall to the lower leagues. I very much doubt players like Thomas are going above and beyond their mandatory training sessions.

Archived