Kelle Roos

Sean

45 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Not sure who is the solution really, Scott or Kelle, just glad that we appear to have two decent keepers on the books. Scott's form has been a tad up and down this season and it looked likely we'd need to bring someone else in. Not at all convinced we need to now unless we happen to get promoted. Impressed with Kelle coming in and trying to take his chance and he has good scope for improvement with games and experience.

Thought he did fine, although wasn’t sure he was going to get to that ball on the line, but he was determined enough; so fair play. He caught ok too, with more conviction than I’d seen before and has always seemed a decent shot stopper.

So back up or not, I’d say he’s healthy enough competition and we are adequately covered this season either keeper and agree Roos likely to improve over time.

For me, Roos has shown enough last 2 games not to worry about that position too much, rather improve the defence.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramit said:

Failed to quote, but this is in answer to Alfonzo

You certainly seemed to imply it with the no loyalty poke at fans wanting Roos to be given a chance.  i like reading different opinions on all things Derby, but what i don't like is when fans speak down to other fans for voicing their legitimate opinions.

Roos has been with us a number of years and his contract is running out soon.  It makes sense to see if he can cut in this league.  So far, so good, he played in a winning side today.  Carson has been fantastic for us, but his form has arguably dropped a bit recently.  It's good for him to know that he is not automatically chosen each game.  If he still has personal ambition, which i don't doubt, he will try and up his game.  A win win situation, i would say.

I wasn't speaking down to anyone. Some fans is fairly ambiguous to me. I was speaking about the people literally saying Carson was piss poor. You are allowed to have an opinion, I just think it's completely ridiculous for people to be scapegoating someone who has saved us a point against Bristol City, made sure we win against Norwich, save us a point against Boro and made a magnificent save against Sheffield United. I never implied anyone was bigger than the club - that is an absolute joke. 

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

You clearly don't know a good keeper when you see one, if you actually think Carson's performances have been anywhere near acceptable .He has made many mistake and his distribution and ability to claim crosses is piss poor, there is no room for loyalty in football I don't give a duck whether someone was good last season , this season is what matters.  Roos has not proven himself yet as it is early days , but so far he looks promising and more suited to how we want to play.

Are there any elements of Derby County that give you any enjoyment?

I don't recall you ever being pleased with anyone or anything to do with the club.

You posted the other day in a separate thread that you were going easy on Frank and the team this year, while he got to grips with the job, but would be right on his back next season if things didn't improve (I paraphrase, it was words to that effect).

We're all different, some are easily pleased, and some are naturally more critical, and we all see things differently, but I struggle to see why you bother watching a team that gives you so little pleasure.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Are there any elements of Derby County that give you any enjoyment?

I don't recall you ever being pleased with anyone or anything to do with the club.

You posted the other day in a separate thread that you were going easy on Frank and the team this year, while he got to grips with the job, but would be right on his back next season if things didn't improve (I paraphrase, it was words to that effect).

We're all different, some are easily pleased, and some are naturally more critical, and we all see things differently, but I struggle to see why you bother watching a team that gives you so little pleasure.

I am pleased with our attackers so far this season on the most part, especially Marriott and Wilson. I am pleased when I see fighting spirit like on Wednesday to come from two goals down, I am also pleased that we are much better than the dark days of supporting the club at the end of Jewell's reign and the start of the clough days.  I am pleased with our position in the league, especially now Sheffield united lost to Swansea and we are back in automatic promotion contention if we can sort out our defending and go on a win streak next few games.  I am pleased with the bond Lampard is creating with the club and supporters and how we have a sense of unity between the players, fans and coaching staff.  Really I don't often say when I am pleased , as too much of that is boring , I like to be a bit controversial at times as it would be boring to never state any of my controversial thoughts just becuase it would maybe annoy people. On matchdays I always get a buzz before kick off and on the way to the ground, I enjoy most games I go to see , it's just I come across a mard arse on here because I usually post when I am pissed off at things.

2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I am pleased with our attackers so far this season on the most part, especially Marriott and Wilson. I am pleased when I see fighting spirit like on Wednesday to come from two goals down, I am also pleased that we are much better than the dark days of supporting the club at the end of Jewell's reign and the start of the clough days.  I am pleased with our position in the league, especially now Sheffield united lost to Swansea and we are back in automatic promotion contention if we can sort out our defending and go on a win streak next few games.  I am pleased with the bond Lampard is creating with the club and supporters and how we have a sense of unity between the players, fans and coaching staff.  Really I don't often say when I am pleased , as too much of that is boring , I like to be a bit controversial at times as it would be boring to never state any of my controversial thoughts just becuase it would maybe annoy people.

It might be boring, but if all people read is negative posts that gets boring too.

Reading the things you're pleased with gives an entirely different perspective on you as a poster, and helps form a different perspective on your posts.

33 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

I wasn't speaking down to anyone. Some fans is fairly ambiguous to me. I was speaking about the people literally saying Carson was piss poor. You are allowed to have an opinion, I just think it's completely ridiculous for people to be scapegoating someone who has saved us a point against Bristol City, made sure we win against Norwich, save us a point against Boro and made a magnificent save against Sheffield United. I never implied anyone was bigger than the club - that is an absolute joke. 

i made my point and stand by it.  We see things differently, that's fine, but you keep doing what i was talking about, apparently without noticing it.  You call my opinion an absolute joke and you came off as talking down to others, in my opinion of course.  Your opinion is no worthier than mine or anyone else's.  Step down from the high horse fella.

Delighted for Roos, waited for his chance and he’s grabbed it. Excellent against Southampton and again today. Really good. Outstanding tackle on the winger, although I never ever want to see him doing that again. Great to know scotty has someone good pushing him.

But Scotty is our best keeper since Poom (therefore our best keeper in 16 years) and fully expect him to be back in goal when fit. Slightly off it this season but only slightly, he’s still class. Most of the criticism levelled at him this season has been quite frankly ridiculous.

Roos is definitely giving frank something to think about though and if he keeps his place he’ll do a decent job. Good on him.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

i made my point and stand by it.  We see things differently, that's fine, but you keep doing what i was talking about, apparently without noticing it.  You call my opinion an absolute joke and you came off as talking down to others, in my opinion of course.  Your opinion is no worthier than mine or anyone else's.  Step down from the high horse fella.

Accusing me of thinking Scott Carson is bigger than the club is not an opinion. I'm offended that you think I would suggest such a thing. If anyone needs to lose the holier-than-thou attitude, it's you "fella".

15 minutes ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Accusing me of thinking Scott Carson is bigger than the club is not an opinion. I'm offended that you think I would suggest such a thing. If anyone needs to lose the holier-than-thou attitude, it's you "fella".

i really don't care how offended you feel.  It's okay for you to throw insults around, but you don't like it in return, poor thing.  Kitchen and heat and all that.  Who the heck are you to question any fan's loyalty, eh?  You shouldn't have gone there and you know it and now you are pathetically trying to worm your way out of your own mess by pointing the finger back.  Laughable, man.

10 minutes ago, superzak said:

apart from the first 15 mins we were chaseing our tails and we were lucky to win. For me Kelle Roos was brilliant far better than carson

How were we lucky? I don't remember them creating much at all. 

The first 15 minutes are part of the game and we could have had our second goal before they even knew we'd scored the first. They were more lucky that they had something to play for in the second half.

Close game after 15-20 mins but they created less than us. 

8 hours ago, ramit said:

i really don't care how offended you feel.  It's okay for you to throw insults around, but you don't like it in return, poor thing.  Kitchen and heat and all that.  Who the heck are you to question any fan's loyalty, eh?  You shouldn't have gone there and you know it and now you are pathetically trying to worm your way out of your own mess by pointing the finger back.  Laughable, man.

Insults? Oh so an opinion that people need to be a little bit more loyal to a person who saved our season last season offends you? I never questioned anyone's loyalty to the club, I questioned the fans loyalty to Scott Carson. Lord above I made one off the cuff comment that wasn't supposed to be taken that deeply. I apologise that I "questioned" people's loyalty, but I think you've taken the thing a bit far. 

2 hours ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

Insults? Oh so an opinion that people need to be a little bit more loyal to a person who saved our season last season offends you? I never questioned anyone's loyalty to the club, I questioned the fans loyalty to Scott Carson. Lord above I made one off the cuff comment that wasn't supposed to be taken that deeply. I apologise that I "questioned" people's loyalty, but I think you've taken the thing a bit far. 

That is not an apology, but in the interest of peace between fellow Rams i will let this go

Have a good one 

On 18/01/2019 at 13:20, angieram said:

Didn't he win promotion at Wembley with one of his loan clubs?

I think he has been remarkably patient at Derby County but he has to become a regular starter somewhere soon if he doesn't want his career to pass him by.

Yes it’s been a while since Schteeve shed to him “Kelle Roosh...you musht shine 

thish piesch of paper for ush...you are a great schott schtopper. “ 

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

How were we lucky? I don't remember them creating much at all. 

The first 15 minutes are part of the game and we could have had our second goal before they even knew we'd scored the first. They were more lucky that they had something to play for in the second half.

Close game after 15-20 mins but they created less than us. 

Absolutely...no more than two shots on goal other than the one they put in...

We need to be far sharper in putting g out chances away tho...should have been at least 3 up by the break.

Archived