NFL 2019 Season

Day

Love every Lamar narrative. Inject them all into my veins.

Top 10 in TDs and QB ratings, 6th in YPA, 19th in yards with the fewest attempts... 

It seems like every time a narrative forms, we consciously go out to kill it on purpose. I know it was the Bengals, but we run all over them first game, then pass all over them second game... but they'll learn after they play us once! 

Ravens have never had a good offense in our history... just January Joe was a different animal. Let's hope Lamar can have a bit of that magic too.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’m going to also look the Ravens objectively, Lamar probably won’t have a particularly long career with the way he runs. While he’s a better runner than a Watson/Russ/Kyler, he doesn’t slide or avoid contact as much as he should.

I mean 3/4 years of Lamar Jackson isn’t to be sneered at but as a Cardinals fan I’m happy Kyler slides so cautiously. I’m fairly certain he’ll have a longer shelf life than Lamar. 

37 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

If I’m going to also look the Ravens objectively, Lamar probably won’t have a particularly long career with the way he runs. While he’s a better runner than a Watson/Russ/Kyler, he doesn’t slide or avoid contact as much as he should.

I mean 3/4 years of Lamar Jackson isn’t to be sneered at but as a Cardinals fan I’m happy Kyler slides so cautiously. I’m fairly certain he’ll have a longer shelf life than Lamar. 

We've allowed the second fewest QB hits this season - 20 less than than Murray has had for what it's worth. Biggest misnomer going that he takes hits. He avoids contact constantly, often falling over or going out of bounds. He's elusive in the pocket, and takes far fewer hits than your average pocket passer - many of whom have had serious injuries recently. He bulked up massively in the off season. In fact, the biggest hit I've seen him take is when he got buried in the pocket on his TD pass to Hollywood vs the Texans last week.

Whilst it's fair to wonder what he can be once his athletic ability dimishes a little bit, it's definitely a bit of a lazy take that mobile QB that doesn't baseball slide = reckless and injured.

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

You're telling me that you committed the cardinal sin of changing teams, yet you still didn't pick the one that shared a nickname with Derby? This and those trainers you flex on Instagram are making me seriously question your character.

Come back to me once you can grow a single facial hair

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Going to the Jets v Raiders game on Sunday. Looking forward to it, normally do the baseball when in NY but looking forward to this. Gonna be cold.

There is some big games this weekend with winning teams, but I expect that to be one of the more entertaining games. The Raiders should win, but the Jets do have a performance in them. I just think the Jets have a poor coach. 

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

There is some big games this weekend with winning teams, but I expect that to be one of the more entertaining games. The Raiders should win, but the Jets do have a performance in them. I just think the Jets have a poor coach. 

Two game winning streak for the Jets. Could not buy one earlier. 
Knock on wood Raiders will entertain. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Two game winning streak for the Jets. Could not buy one earlier. 
Knock on wood Raiders will entertain. 

I've watched a lot of Raiders game this year, for some reason; and they've mostly been really fun. I think it'd be very unlucky if this game wasn't.

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Does anybody really want the Pats to win this weekend? Outside of the NFC East anyway.

Massive game, so many question marks over both teams. 

I prefer the Cowboys over the Eagles, but it’s just a shame that I’ll probably have to watch the Rams miss out on the playoffs and you get to watch the Cowboys get in the playoffs with a worse record ?

As long as Sony eats then I’m not fussed about this weekend.  

10 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Does anybody really want the Pats to win this weekend? Outside of the NFC East anyway.

Massive game, so many question marks over both teams. 

I always want AFC teams to beat competitive NFC teams ? Don't care if they're the Pats.

I'd take a tie though.

Archived