NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good back and forth game. We had a definite plan to stop Zeke, but leave our struggling secondary exposed. But we struggled to get any pressure on Dak until near the end The amount of times we got the Cowboys to 3rd and long and then gave up a big play drove me mad ? some of Coopers catches were outrageous.

Cook was brilliant. It took a while against a good D, but in the end he dominated, with a bit of help from Alex Mattison. Was gutted his TD came off the board, he’s doing so many good things but just not getting the rewards for it. CJ Ham is the unsung hero of the team, he’s an absolute beast at full back.

Kirk was what we need from him, solid and dependable, and make a few plays when we need it.

packers scraped another win, so we really needed that one.

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

So are the Falcons ?

I think Dan Quinn really needs you guys to have a pick after 10th to keep his job to be honest ? 

We were just terrible all over the place yesterday. Michael Thomas deciding to needlessly grab a defender by the mask and throw him to the floor while in the middle of a 35 yard catch and run, both negating his play and setting us back 15 yards, really summed up our whole performance.

Be interesting to see what happens now. We usually have one of these games where no-one turns up; but we're pretty 50/50 on whether we let it set the tone for the rest of the year or bounce back.

Brees really needs to move on with his life at this point. Another game without a ball travelling 10 yards in the air, and the whole offense is shrunk between the numbers. Add on to that, his pocket movement is vastly diminishing... 6 sacks yesterday against a team which had had what? 7 all season? Eesh. Saints have a decision to make.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Brees really needs to move on with his life at this point. Another game without a ball travelling 10 yards in the air, and the whole offense is shrunk between the numbers. Add on to that, his pocket movement is vastly diminishing... 6 sacks yesterday against a team which had had what? 7 all season? Eesh. Saints have a decision to make.

Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! ?

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

All of those sacks were essentially unblocked pass rushers, to be fair. Our O-Line, just like every other unit on the field, was trash yesterday; plus he had a few passes that travelled more than 10 yards, but they were dropped or called back for penalty, although big passes were never really his thing anyway, even during his prime - unless someone got wide open deep; we don't have any receivers capable.

Not saying he wasn't as bad as everyone else, or that he isn't declining, he probably retires this year or next - but his performance yesterday isn't as simple as the numbers.

I've been pretty down on Mason Rudolph these past few weeks, doesn't help when we turn it over on the first drive in every single game, but last night I sat there thinking, it could be worse, we could have Jared Goff.

Nice to see Tomlin win a challenge, gets some stick he does but you look at the injuries we've had this year, he's doing a sneaky good job here, be alright if those pesky Budgies didn't have Lamar going off every week. 

4 minutes ago, David said:

I've been pretty down on Mason Rudolph these past few weeks, doesn't help when we turn it over on the first drive in every single game, but last night I sat there thinking, it could be worse, we could have Jared Goff.

Nice to see Tomlin win a challenge, gets some stick he does but you look at the injuries we've had this year, he's doing a sneaky good job here, be alright if those pesky Budgies didn't have Lamar going off every week. 

Never forget the Steelers picked Terrell Edmunds just a few picks prior to Jackson... thinking Rudolph the red faced QB is the future.

13 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Teddy! Teddy! Teddy! ?

The gorgeous sideline catch by MT that's doing the rounds was thrown by Taysom Hill ? Just saying ? 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Never forget the Steelers picked Terrell Edmunds just a few picks prior to Jackson... thinking Rudolph the red faced QB is the future.

I wasn't around at the time so doesn't count. 

Also trading up for Trubisky when Mahomes and Watson were available ranks higher in QB fails. Makes me smile every time I hear that. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Also trading up for Trubisky when Mahomes and Watson were available ranks higher in QB fails. Makes me smile every time I hear that. 

George Kittle went in round 5 that draft. Mental.

9 minutes ago, David said:

Makes me laugh. Bears fans that think he’s “back” make me laugh even more.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

George Kittle went in round 5 that draft. Mental.

I love the draft, to be honest. A complete lottery presented like people really know how good each player is going to be ? Usually takes a year or two to see the fruits of the late round hits though. Chris Carson was a 7th rounder in that draft too, although he's not to league RBs what Kittle is to league TEs.

Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder, too! Sure he turned out to be a little loose wired but he was a pretty good football player.

8 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Makes me laugh. Bears fans that think he’s “back” make me laugh even more.

I've a Bear's fan friend and he's completely noped out on them ? 

The real key to the hilarity of trading up; isn't just the fact that they didn't select Watson or Mahomes, it isn't just the extraordinary (1st, 3rd, 4th and 2018 3rd) cost for them to do so, its the fact that they spent all that to move up ONE SPOT to grab a player there was zero risk of them missing out on.

Also, to add to the pile-on for the Bears - the 49ers traded the 3rd round pick they got from the Bears to the Saints, who drafted Alvin Kamara with it. ?

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I love the draft, to be honest. A complete lottery presented like people really know how good each player is going to be ? Usually takes a year or two to see the fruits of the late round hits though. Chris Carson was a 7th rounder in that draft too, although he's not to league RBs what Kittle is to league TEs.

Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder, too! Sure he turned out to be a little loose wired but he was a pretty good football player.

Saw a graphic this week of all the WRs picked before Diggs in 2015, who was a 5th rounder. Amari Cooper first round, then a lengthy list of receivers not fit to lace Diggs boots. Then Thielen was undrafted and now Bisi Johnson is WR3 a rookie 7th rounder. Leaving first round picks Treadwell & Doctson battling for the last place on the roster. Lottery is correct ?

Archived