NFL 2019 Season

Day

2 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Jackson is in a different league to the current Aaron Rodgers. Really looking forward to watching that game as neutral though.

Different kind of player, but Rogers is still a hall of famer in waiting, with good stats this year.  Keeping him & the Packers to 8 points is outstanding D...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

Different kind of player, but Rogers is still a hall of famer in waiting, with good stats this year.  Keeping him & the Packers to 8 points is outstanding D...

Unquestionably a hall of famer, but he’s not the same player he once was. Don’t get me wrong  hecan still pull off big plays, some that most QBs couldn’t dream of and as much as I dislike Green Bay, I have nothing but respect for Rodgers. But the Packers were fortunate to be stacked with home games at the start of the schedule & won 2 or 3 games with questionable decisions (Lions the most glaring one), but he also has a poor o line and lacks weapons on offence, Adams is good but been struggling with injury and Jones is ok, after that there’s not much.

jackson has a far better supporting cast in Baltimore. The 3 upcoming brutal road games are a huge test for the Niners, if they can come out of them with a win or 2 and take care of the home games, that will be impressive.

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Unquestionably a hall of famer, but he’s not the same player he once was. Don’t get me wrong  hecan still pull off big plays, some that most QBs couldn’t dream of and as much as I dislike Green Bay, I have nothing but respect for Rodgers. But the Packers were fortunate to be stacked with home games at the start of the schedule & won 2 or 3 games with questionable decisions (Lions the most glaring one), but he also has a poor o line and lacks weapons on offence, Adams is good but been struggling with injury and Jones is ok, after that there’s not much.

jackson has a far better supporting cast in Baltimore. The 3 upcoming brutal road games are a huge test for the Niners, if they can come out of them with a win or 2 and take care of the home games, that will be impressive.

Not sure I can agree with the supporting cast. Have you seen our receiving corps? Not a lot of draft picks littered on our offense until the last 2 drafts. 

Going back to your Rodgers point though... his main issue is McCarthy was a terrible offensive schemer. He relied on Rodgers way too much. Was just hoping Rodgers would win the game with his talent... which he often did. Just imagine if all this time they had someone scheming properly and getting players open. 

On 20/11/2019 at 13:28, Srg said:

We've allowed the second fewest QB hits this season - 20 less than than Murray has had for what it's worth. Biggest misnomer going that he takes hits. He avoids contact constantly, often falling over or going out of bounds. He's elusive in the pocket, and takes far fewer hits than your average pocket passer - many of whom have had serious injuries recently. He bulked up massively in the off season. In fact, the biggest hit I've seen him take is when he got buried in the pocket on his TD pass to Hollywood vs the Texans last week.

Whilst it's fair to wonder what he can be once his athletic ability dimishes a little bit, it's definitely a bit of a lazy take that mobile QB that doesn't baseball slide = reckless and injured.

Two words for you: Madden Curse.

Lamar almost certainly on the cover of Madden next year, guarantees he gets injured. Probably against the Bengals.

14 hours ago, Srg said:

Not sure I can agree with the supporting cast. Have you seen our receiving corps? Not a lot of draft picks littered on our offense until the last 2 drafts. 

Going back to your Rodgers point though... his main issue is McCarthy was a terrible offensive schemer. He relied on Rodgers way too much. Was just hoping Rodgers would win the game with his talent... which he often did. Just imagine if all this time they had someone scheming properly and getting players open. 

I guess not at receiver, but I do think your line is better. Read Matt Skura is out for the rest of the season, you’ll know better than me if he can be replaced adequately. I like Conner over Jones, who benefits from teams being more worried about Rodgers and deep shots than him, and definitely Andrews over Graham at this point in his career.

Packers Sticking with McCarthy was great ? held them back so much. There was literally no concern of the Packers in recent seasons by us, whilst he was still HC. Now we have to take them seriously again.

56 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I guess not at receiver, but I do think your line is better. Read Matt Skura is out for the rest of the season, you’ll know better than me if he can be replaced adequately. I like Conner over Jones, who benefits from teams being more worried about Rodgers and deep shots than him, and definitely Andrews over Graham at this point in his career.

Packers Sticking with McCarthy was great ? held them back so much. There was literally no concern of the Packers in recent seasons by us, whilst he was still HC. Now we have to take them seriously again.

Matt Skura was a replacement level player until this year, so it's mad to think he will be missed. We will be replacing him with an undrafted rookie... so will see how we go, but to say Aaron Donald couldn't do a thing against us, hopefully we will be ok.

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

Will cheer on the Lions in the early game. I don’t want the Bears to scrape to a respectable record after how great their fans were floating their team was pre season ?don’t fancy Detroit’s chances with their QB situation though.

That game is going to be absolutely ducking dreadful. 3 and outs for days.

To really add some rust to the nail, both their punters suck too.

I miss weekly pick 'em, so I'm doing it manually ? 

Bears, Bills, Saints, Browns, Packers, Eagles, Jags, Colts, Jets, Panthers, Ravens, Cards, Chargers, Raiders, Texans, Seahawks 

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I miss weekly pick 'em, so I'm doing it manually ? 

Bears, Bills, Saints, Browns, Packers, Eagles, Jags, Colts, Jets, Panthers, Ravens, Cards, Chargers, Raiders, Texans, Seahawks 

Bears, Cowboys, Saints, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Buccs, Colts, Jets, Panthers, Ravens, Cards, Broncos, Chiefs, Texans, Vikings ?

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Bears, Cowboys, Saints, Steelers, Giants, Eagles, Buccs, Colts, Jets, Panthers, Ravens, Cards, Broncos, Chiefs, Texans, Vikings ?

There is now a spreadsheet ? 

4 hours ago, SaintRam said:

There is now a spreadsheet ? 

Void, Cowboys, Saints, Colts, Ravens, Jets, Browns, Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Buccs, Rams, Chiefs, Broncos, Pats, Seahawks. 

Only just seen and the Bears/Lions game is 2nd quarter so would be unfair to go Lions... ?

Archived