Watchable telly

dog

On 21/08/2024 at 11:24, NottsRam said:

The Body next Door, yet another fascinating Sky documentary for anyone who loves true crime.  In 3 parts, a very good watch.

Watched this the other day, As an avid true crime watcher this 3 programme series is some crazy sh!t Alfred Hitchcock couldn't come up with such a story.

Excellent watch 👍

Gotham 

Watched a fair bit before but it moved about on platforms so I lost the thread, missed seasons etc.

Now doing it again from the beginning. Noticed Bruno Heller's name at the beginning... feel like he was involved in the Mentalist, so am gonna research it now! Which on reflection is quite a similar series.

Decent without being amazing. Watchable without being gripping. Quite easy to drop in and out of without being absolutely hooked.  Well written dialogue sometimes funny, but not particularly emotionally engaging.

Enjoying it... 7/10.

Edited by Chester40

Finished season three of Mayor of Kingstown last night.

Pretty good and I'll watch the inevitable season four, but it did get a bit OTT toward the end.

It's getting to the point where I think they should consider calling it a day.

Renner is a fabulous actor, but I thought some of the dialogue in the last episode got a bit cheesy. 

7/10

On 12/06/2024 at 12:46, Comrade 86 said:

It takes a little while to heat up, but in that regard it kinda follows the same trajectory as S01, so my initial lack of patience was a bit silly. There's a lot going on and IMO, the way from midway it builds and builds and draws all the threads together was exactly what was needed. I am a sucker for Japanese culture though, but that said, as you enjoyed S01, I'd be confident you'll love season 2.

Finally finished this last night, as it took a while to bubble to the top of the watchlist, and then it's effectively 10 hours of TV to get through

Brilliant though - loved it even more than Series 1.  Sounds like there is not committed Series 3 because the network has dropped it, but they are hopeful it might get picked up. It was a satisfying end though -and just enough threads left dangling to provide some continuity should they get there (what deal has Samantha cut with Tozawa's wife? Will Trendy ever forgive Jake? Will Katagiri be able to stay retired? (the final scene suggests not!)

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

We watched the first two episodes of the new season of Crime with Dougray Scott last night.

Very solid; I really like him as an actor, as well as Kenn Stott and his bulbous nose.

If you liked the first one, which we did, you will like this one, methinks.

I liked the first one, then completely forgot to check for a 2nd series, so thanks for the heads up. Will definitely give it a whirl.

On 01/09/2024 at 18:35, Crewton said:

Second series of Sherwood. It's a belter so far.

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it so far.  Took me a while to realise it is based on the murders of John and Joan Stirland at Trusthorpe, which Nottingham crime bosses arranged.  Can't be a coincidence.

2 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Watched the first two episodes and enjoyed it so far.  Took me a while to realise it is based on the murders of John and Joan Stirland at Trusthorpe, which Nottingham crime bosses arranged.  Can't be a coincidence.

Yes must be based on that incident , excellent watch though

5 hours ago, NottsRam said:

Yeah, it certainly made me think of that case.