Watchable telly

dog

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Has your son ever watched Philomena Cunk? Careful with the spelling there.

Perhaps an acquired taste but I think she is very funny.

No, he hasn't and if i were to suggest it to him, he would likely after a short internet browse give me an odd look, or two.

58 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Which was more culturally significant; the Renaissance, or Single Ladies by Beyonce? 🤣

Two quotes that stick in my mind (paraphrased as I can’t remember exactly what she said).

In an episode about America: “land of the free. Which came as a surprise to all the slaves”

In another episode about Iraq she is walking through some sand dunes and says “this isn’t Iraq. That’s thousands of miles away and f***ing dangerous”. It just tickled me.

I’m sure the academics she interviews know it’s a spoof (otherwise, they’d walk out) but go along with it.

On 21/05/2023 at 17:26, 86 Hair Islands said:

The Diplomat - decent.

7.5/10

Yeh, much better than I expected.

Into the second season of Fauda and it's getting better and better and the guy from ISIS is genuinely scary.

My fave show of the last 2 years.

9.5/10 and the best terrorist drama since Homeland and probably better than that tbh.

We've stopped Success to let it catch up, but in all honesty, since episode 3 I think it's really started to tail off. Went from a solid 9/10 to a 7.5 for me.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

Did anyone watch the Depp v Heard courtroom battle on CH4 ? very Hollywood, very well acted on both sides , couldnt make my mind up who i sided with, both seem a bit unhinged

I read Doug Stanhope's biography a couple of years ago. Absolutely outstanding and whereas he has a LOT of faults, dishonesty doesn't appear to be one of them because he pretty much admits everything he has ever done including assisting in his mothers suicide and other highly illegal acts.

He is big friends with Depp and he clearly thought Heard was utterly insane. I was vaguely aware that he'd sued The Sun and lost (it didn't make big news in the US) and Stanhope mentions that, but he also alludes there was other stuff coming down the pike and that it would end badly. Stanhope is a lunatic and he was clearly scared of going around to see Depp when Heard was there.

53 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Currently watching FUBAR on Netflix, which was released yesterday - basically, Arnie being Arnie. That tells you everything you need to know.

It's fun, doesn't take itself seriously, which is quite refreshing.