Vs Middlesbrough (home). Matchday thread.

Rev

14 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

The only thing better than Friend, in that position in the championship, is George Friends hair.

It's truly wonderful, full bodied yet bouncy, with a magnificent natural sheen, yet pleasingly old fashioned in its cut and style.

Timeless and classy, like a good watch, an Aston Martin or indeed James Bond himself.

@Inglorius will be here in a minute to tell you off for admiring footballer's hair instead of being a proper fan. Or for talking about a player that we've already played against. Or summat else that makes him upset.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

You're missing the point chances he should be finishing as a centre forward have cost us. It's not good enough 

Doesn't the amount of games that Nugent starts and his status as a bit player point to the fact that he isn't good enough?

11 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

David Nugent has cost us vital points this season, he should of bagged against Boro away and home and should of finished that headed against Forest. Could be vital points 

I agree, we are too reliant on Marriott and Wilson for goals , I am not convinced Waghorn is a good signing and we are completely over reliant on Mount, Wilson and Marriott. Maybe Waghorn could be given a go upfront as a sub option rather than using Nuge as sub  as he looks far too cumbersome on the ball  to be a good winger, but as his goals and assists tally show from last season he  can be a good player when on his game.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Doesn't the amount of games that Nugent starts and his status as a bit player point to the fact that he isn't good enough?

It's a squad game though in the championship you need your subs to make an Impact when you have 46 games to play + cup games.

Loved watching Evans today, the difference between him and Huddlestone was for all to see once Hudds came on. Evans was overwgere and was part of everything, he controlled the game for me. If he keeps fit he will be a very important player for the rest of the season.

Their goal, I’ve been critical of the right hand side crosses and some of Tomori’s defending in those crosses. But that was a great cross because it gave the striker the chance to run onto it. Yes Huddlestone lost it in the build up, but sometimes you get done by quality and I think that’s what happened there.

Nugent’s cost us four points against boro now and a few more against others. Think he’s had one game this season in which he’s proved me wrong. We need a better option.

Good point I feel, we passed ourselves into their hands towards the end but with Wilson, Evans and Waghorn off it made it difficult. Holmes looking like he wants to have a big impact in games which I like.

One addition to this side and I think we could start a very good push. We could becoming i real threat just when it might matter.

5 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I agree, we are too reliant on Marriott and Wilson for goals , I am not convinced Waghorn is a good signing and we are completely over reliant on Mount, Wilson and Marriott. Maybe Waghorn could be given a go upfront as a sub option rather than using Nuge as sub  as he looks far too cumbersome on the ball  to be a good winger, but as his goals and assists tally show from last season he  can be a good player when on his game.

I also agree if we played a 442 we can exploit both centre forward to do what they are supposed to do. But unfortunately the 433 system is haunted into us 

7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

It's a squad game though in the championship you need your subs to make an Impact when you have 46 games to play + cup games.

It's far too simplistic to blame our lack of points purely against David Nugent, as you quite rightly say it's a team game and there's been many culprits just as guilty as Nugent of losing us points over the season. 

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's far too simplistic to blame our lack of points purely against David Nugent, as you quite rightly say it's a team game and there's been many culprits just as guilty as Nugent of losing us points over the season. 

And it ignores the chances the opposition have missed.......

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Shall we blame Richard Keogh as well ? Or are you that far up his arse to??

7 minutes ago, Wrightdcfc said:

I also agree if we played a 442 we can exploit both centre forward to do what they are supposed to do. But unfortunately the 433 system is haunted into us 

There is no way Frank will play 442

i watched a lengthy interview about his career playing for England where he basically blamed England's failure on Sven and fabio for playing 442 

4 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I'm not blaming it on Nugent but it is very frustrating how many sitters he has missed

Just now, Wrightdcfc said:

Shall we blame Richard Keogh as well ? Or are you that far up his arse to??

Grow up. You single out one player as losing us points but gloss over the fact that other players have equally been as culpable yet fail to mention them.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I think Frank made a mistake when Wilson came off. I think he should’ve put Holmes on. We seemed to have a funny 15 minutes after the substitution. Nugent should’ve buried our best chance in the second half.

Agreed. We took off an attacking threat in Wilson and replaced him with a defensive midfielder, thereby handing the initiative to Boro. We didn't really get back into the game for the next 20 minutes.

Got some unfashionable opinions for you.

On Waghorn,I didn’t think he had much influence on the game until his last 10 minutes he was on when I thought he was coming into it.

Bad miss by Nuge but how long had he been on?And who’s going to come that’s better than him and play second fiddle?

What’s Will Hughes doing?

Do Watford really need him?

We were crying out for him to get hold of the ball and carry it ☹️☹️☹️

Just got back in from the game, a good game to watch, Boro are very difficult to beat, so it could be a point gained, although Nugent should have buried that chance, wish it fell to Marriott, but the big game changer was when the ref bottled giving there number 22 the red card, that tackle on Marriott at the end of the first half was awful, should have gone, no doubt. My man of the match today was Wisdom thought he was back to his best today, also Marriott worked his wosits off as per usually.

Archived