Jozefzoon

DenbyRam

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, rammieib said:

Assist? The cross knocked into Tomori ain't an assist.

The goal was pure luck. Had a whole goal to aim for from the six yard line and still miskicked.

He needs dropping and soon!

All goals count , can put them in with his backside for me as long as they go in, good to see him being in them positions enabling him to scuff and score.

14 hours ago, rammieib said:

Assist? The cross knocked into Tomori ain't an assist.

The goal was pure luck. Had a whole goal to aim for from the six yard line and still miskicked.

He needs dropping and soon!

Jesus, when we talk about toxic fans, this is the epitomy

we won, he scored, just enjoy it man 

Scuffed goal, scuffed through ball to Marriott for the winner ?

I'm always fairly impressed with Duane Holmes with the little bits I've seen of him so could put pressure on the likes of Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Lawrence, and mount  to perform better.

In fact it was Holmes who drove at their defence in the lead up to the Zoon goal.

14 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jesus, when we talk about toxic fans, this is the epitomy

we won, he scored, just enjoy it man 

This is spades!

Imagine the torrent of abuse he would have got had he missed!

Some of our fans are now at the stage of saying a goal isn’t scored the right way so they can continue their attacks on certain individuals.

Probably the same lot that declare themselves “loyal supporters”!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

This is spades!

Some of our fans are now at the stage of saying a goal isn’t scored the right way so they can continue their attacks on certain individuals.

yawn.jpg

24 minutes ago, KCG said:

yawn.jpg

Hope you are going to be awake on New Years Day, and get behind the team, we need all fans on board, as Frank saids a positive reaction from the crowd, can drive the team on, so stop your moaning, and unfair critism of certain players, and get behind the club you support, we win as a team, and lose as a team. Bring on Boro, can not wait now.

All players should start each game with a clean slate and get the same backing off the fans as some of the so called fans favourites. There are people around me that will slate a player before a ball has been kicked in a game and they justify not applauding him when he does well by reminding you of a mistake he made 3 weeks before.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

All players should start each game with a clean slate and get the same backing off the fans as some of the so called fans favourites. There are people around me that will slate a player before a ball has been kicked in a game and they justify not applauding him when he does well by reminding you of a mistake he made 3 weeks before.

It can’t be Keogh you’re referring to if his last mistake happened 3 weeks previously ??. Only joking of course, I have no problem with people slagging players off on here but never at the matches. Players would be stupid if they ever read this guff, can’t avoid it at a game tho. On a serious note, it was deathly quiet yesterday for long periods of the game. For a top six side with one of the best numbers, home and away. We need to be far more vocal, when we are losing not just when things are going well 

3 hours ago, Ramarena said:

This is spades!

To be fair, I went yesterday. Been to half the away games as well as a ST. I'd say I am a loyal supporter.

Doesnt mean I can ask for better or question decisions does it?

I'm fair - I'll compliment as well as criticise. 

The more times I watch the highlights, the more I think Jozefzoon did well to get his foot around/behind the ball, as it was heading behind him, at pace.  Admittedly, he was virtually standing still, as opposed to running in, but even so, it was more "quick reaction" than "scuff", for me.

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The more times I watch the highlights, the more I think Jozefzoon did well to get his foot around/behind the ball, as it was heading behind him, at pace.  Admittedly, he was virtually standing still, as opposed to running in, but even so, it was more "quick reaction" than "scuff", for me.

Can we all just agree the Nick Blackman would probably have buggered it right up and we'd have lost 3-2?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

To be fair, I went yesterday. Been to half the away games as well as a ST. I'd say I am a loyal supporter.

Doesnt mean I can ask for better or question decisions does it?

I'm fair - I'll compliment as well as criticise. 

Good to hear.

Just not sure why we’re finding problems with players goals when we should be celebrating them!

As I said above, he would have got absolute pelters if he’d missed.

4 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Good to hear.

Just not sure why we’re finding problems with players goals when we should be celebrating them!

As I said above, he would have got absolute pelters if he’d missed.

I'll give him the credit of being in the right place at the right time to make us all go mad!!!!!

On 30/12/2018 at 13:37, Franks Tanked said:

Scuffed goal, scuffed through ball to Marriott for the winner ?

I'm always fairly impressed with Duane Holmes with the little bits I've seen of him so could put pressure on the likes of Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Lawrence, and mount  to perform better.

In fact it was Holmes who drove at their defence in the lead up to the Zoon goal.

Quoting myself here. But I again thought Holmes was very good in his time on the pitch today vs Boro.

Lampard heaped praise on Nugent on Saturday for help in both goals??? For me it was Holmes' direct pacing run that carved them open. He slipped the ball out to Nugent who played the ball across which found it's way to Jozefzoon (rather than picking him out) who as we know scuffed in the finish much to everyone's delight.

For me Jozefzoon is pretty average but with decent pace. where as Holmes looks so confident and clever on the ball. People say he's got raw talent, I think he's better than that and I'd like to see more of him. He's no kid anymore and even looks tasty in a tackle for a small lad. 

I wanted to post something similar after the Norwich game but didn't want to take the shine off what was a wonderful away day. But look at my post from Saturday where I even suggest he scuffed the through ball to Marriott for the winner, it was rather tongue in cheek. Well Jozefzoon was cheaper or similar price to what we got for Weiman, is he any better? It remains to be say. 

To cut a long story short. "Frank, get Holmes on from the start vs Southampton, I'm keen to see more".

Archived