What’s the biggest DCFC news story you missed?

Duracell

I, a millennial Derby fan of the Internet age, inexplicably didn’t discover Forsyth’s injury until today. Went charging into the January squad depth thread demanding to know why so many had written him off.

Got me thinking, what’s the biggest Derby news story you ever missed? Must be some corkers from before the World Wide Web.

Who’s still buying the DET awaiting news of Longson’s resignation and Cloughie’s return? Who’s still waiting for Esteban Fuertes’ international clearance? Why has Callum Ball still not broken into the first team? I want to hear it all.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a DCFC break for about ten years from early '80's (young family, working all hours/7 days, permanently skint etc).

I knew nothing about the joys of Friday nights v Rotherham, that penalty, or even that Christie proved to be "as cool as custard", until about 2010!!  

Under the three amigos, I was so relieved when we reached the end of the transfer window and our brilliant youth prospect Tom Huddlestone hadn't left the club. It was a few days later when someone commisserated with me about him being sold to Spurs.

Somehow the utter ******** running the club had done a secret deal announced well after the window closed, so they could get their grubby fingers on more of our money.

4 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Under the three amigos, I was so relieved when we reached the end of the transfer window and our brilliant youth prospect Tom Huddlestone hadn't left the club. It was a few days later when someone commisserated with me about him being sold to Spurs.

Somehow the utter ******** running the club had done a secret deal announced well after the window closed, so they could get their grubby fingers on more of our money.

Isn’t there a similar story with Raziak? Or did that happen past my bed time and my dad forgot to tell me?

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

Isn’t there a similar story with Raziak? Or did that happen past my bed time and my dad forgot to tell me?

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I thought that.

Our window closed at 5pm and the Prem closed at midnight the same day. We sold him after our window closed so no replacement could be brought in, so we had to make do with loans when the loan window opened (Stern John *shudder*

4 hours ago, Duracell said:

4 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I thought that.

53 minutes ago, rynny said:

Our window closed at 5pm and the Prem closed at midnight the same day. We sold him after our window closed so no replacement could be brought in, so we had to make do with loans when the loan window opened (Stern John *shudder*

Did I get it the wrong way around? Was it both of them? I've repressed so many memories of those vile asset-stripping owners, I don't know anymore. 

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Did I get it the wrong way around? Was it both of them? I've repressed so many memories of those vile asset-stripping owners, I don't know anymore. 

Huddlestone was signed after the January transfer had closed to go through in the summer, I believe, and Rasiak was in August, when the summer transfer closed, he had a few games under Phil Brown. 

Archived