Ridiculous Ticket price

BatRam

Theres never been a more exciting time to be a rams fan. And im completely in love with the team , how we play and the performances we've been putting in.

BUT...

i had to pay £37 to watch Derby vs birmingham city.

i know to be a big club you need to charge higher prices to get the better players/wages.

But people simply cant afford £37 every week and the nose dive in attendance is prob the result of the high ticket price. 

In my opinion £20-£25 would be better 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

Theres never been a more exciting time to be a rams fan. And im completely in love with the team , how we play and the performances we've been putting in.

BUT...

i know to be a big club you need to charge higher prices to get the better players/wages.

But people simply cant afford £37 every week and the nose dive in attendance is prob the result of the high ticket price. 

Season tickets are on sale and makes it cheaper than buying single tickets.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Season tickets are on sale and makes it cheaper than buying single tickets.

If you can afford one. If you can’t and can only afford 1/2 a season as a treat, £37 is too much.

Obviously this isn’t so much a problem with Derby more a problem in football in general 

2 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

BUT...

Yet it was one of our highest attendances this season, so maybe the price point was correct?

I don't disagree with your point btw, but to build the squad with all that entails can't be done on the cheap.

Would you want a less competitive team that cost £20 a match to see, for instance?

1 minute ago, whiteroseram said:

If you can afford one. If you can’t and can only afford 1/2 a season as a treat, £37 is too much.

Obviously this isn’t so much a problem with Derby more a problem in football in general 

£37 is too much, but I'd be interested to hear where he was sat as I thought it was about £32 in the North stand on Saturday.

I was a STH back when the “We’ll be back in 81” tee shirts were the in thing. I’ve been a STH for the past 12/15 years or so. 

I missed pretty much 20 consecutive seasons, including that famous Friday night v Rotherham. (I didn’t even know about the “cool as custard” until a couple of years ago!)

The reason for all those missed seasons?  I couldn’t afford it. Simples. 

4 out of 8 home games shown live on Sky either through their red button or feature game. If we take this as a common trend, you can watch around 11 home games live on TV. A season ticket will only get you around an additional 12.

Also consider we have been on TV 3 away games out of 8. We have been on TV for 2 League Cup games (Also not included in a season ticket).

The obvious response is that watching the game on TV isn't the same, which i agree. But my point is that a Season Ticket just isn't the same value for money than perhaps what it used to be if you just want to watch your team. Call me a plastic fan, but because of all of the above, i only spend my money on games that are not televised. 

In reply to people saying season tickets, i work 2 separate shifts mornings and lates so i cant get in the week and i cant go at the weekend most of the time as im in a hard rock band so i cant go to loads of games.

i know mel morris splashes out every transfer window so im not suprised hes had to bump up the tickets but £37 is ridiculous haha

23 minutes ago, TomSaint said:

BUT...

Not always true these days. The huge amounts of money from tv revenues dwarfs the money coming in from ticket sales.

I too paid the £37 for a seat in East upper. Most I’ve paid I think ever up there. I’m also going to the Villa game Saturday and have paid £20 for a ticket in West Upper - courtesy of the special ‘take a friend’ offer to season ticket holders (my parents are ST holders).

I’m just a bit confused why the club went for the bargain tickets offer v Villa, while charging top dollar for a lesser draw in Birmingham... 

7 minutes ago, ramtique said:

I too paid the £37 for a seat in East upper. Most I’ve paid I think ever up there. I’m also going to the Villa game Saturday and have paid £20 for a ticket in West Upper - courtesy of the special ‘take a friend’ offer to season ticket holders (my parents are ST holders).

I’m just a bit confused why the club went for the bargain tickets offer v Villa, while charging top dollar for a lesser draw in Birmingham... 

Probably felt this is a game more likely to sell out with a bit of encouragement - £20 x 5000 extra seats sold = £100k (aka 6 weeks of Jack Marriott's salary)

Plus, if we do well you might come again, for £37, or even get your own 1/2 a season ticket 

59 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

4 out of 8 home games shown live on Sky either through their red button or feature game. If we take this as a common trend, you can watch around 11 home games live on TV. A season ticket will only get you around an additional 12.

Also consider we have been on TV 3 away games out of 8. We have been on TV for 2 League Cup games (Also not included in a season ticket).

The obvious response is that watching the game on TV isn't the same, which i agree. But my point is that a Season Ticket just isn't the same value for money than perhaps what it used to be if you just want to watch your team. Call me a plastic fan, but because of all of the above, i only spend my money on games that are not televised. 

How much does Sky cost you a year? More or less than a season ticket? Genuine question as I have no idea.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Yet it was one of our highest attendances this season, so maybe the price point was correct?

I don't disagree with your point btw, but to build the squad with all that entails can't be done on the cheap.

Would you want a less competitive team that cost £20 a match to see, for instance?

15/16 avg attendance was 29,600

16/17 avg attendance was 29,000

17/18 avg attendance was 27,100

18/19 avg attendance is 25,700 so far.

Yesterday was a clear opportunity to put 30,000 on the gate by charging £25. 28,100 was our highest yet, but on Birminghams run you were always going to see them sell out whatever price you charged. So really, DCFC could have taken a real chance at filling out stadium (at least when there is 30k plus it looks full) but chose not to. Real shame.

Villa again they know they will sell their allocation out. The season ticket offer is a way of getting around the high pricing as they know 3100 tickets will be sold at £36. We should sell more, I'm sure most people will know so,done who is a ST holder but it's a real shame our pricing approach.

Youve got 3 to 4000 people being made redundant at RR, plus the knock on effect in the local supply chain. It's getting harder and harder and when the average numbers are dropping that much, shocking prices just for the cheapest seats isn't the way forward. I'm hoping they will learn at some point.

7 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I was a STH back when the “We’ll be back in 81” tee shirts were the in thing. I’ve been a STH for the past 12/15 years or so. 

I missed pretty much 20 consecutive seasons, including that famous Friday night v Rotherham. (I didn’t even know about the “cool as custard” until a couple of years ago!)

The reason for all those missed seasons?  I couldn’t afford it. Simples. 

Oops!  That should read 10 seasons, not 20!

Archived