Rooney 120th Cap

ScamRam

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Good for him, the greatest ever goal scorer in our history deserves a last hurrah at the home of Tottenham. 

Ftfy

On 06/11/2018 at 15:56, Carl Sagan said:

Is this Southgate putting his foot down? Hopefully Mason will make his debut in a man-of-the-match performance and bag a couple of goals, and he'll come off to a standing ovation on 90 minutes to allow a short run out for Rooney in injury time.

Mount doesn't make the squad - maybe Rooney has got his place?

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Mount doesn't make the squad - maybe Rooney has got his place?

I think a few have been switched out. Perhaps Mason is still injured? Or maybe they feel his level has dropped, or didn't fancy him while he was there. I don't know if there's an U21 fixture too. I hope he gets a couple of weeks at Derby with Frank getting back to full fitness and stepping up another level for the run-up for Christmas.

Devalues winning an England cap.

Harms the progress of the national side.

Makes the FA look even more stupid than normal.

Boosts Rooney's image.

Shows Southgate up to be a puppet.

Sells more tickets to the proles, increasing the wealth of Rooney's Foundation without him incurring any costs.

Reduces the status of an international fixture to that of a pre-tournament celebrity match.

Celebrates a guy who 'retired' from England duty when he realised he wasn't good enough any more.

I'm not much of a fan.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think a few have been switched out. Perhaps Mason is still injured? Or maybe they feel his level has dropped, or didn't fancy him while he was there. I don't know if there's an U21 fixture too. I hope he gets a couple of weeks at Derby with Frank getting back to full fitness and stepping up another level for the run-up for Christmas.

I was only joking - there are a few missing that were in the last squad as others come back in after injury....

Interesting to hear that despite it being the Wayne Rooney Foundation International, he gets none of the gate receipts.

He basically gets the right to have people outside fundraising on his foundations behalf.

Strange situation.

I don't begrudge him his goodbye but still feel it should have been labelled am exhibition game rather than a full cap friendly.

Would have thought the FA would knock the idea on the head considering hes a convicted criminal. 

For such a grand gesture surely the recipient should set a good example in his private life aswell as professional. 

I'd actually forgotten that Rooney retired by turning down an England call up when he was at Everton. Southgate is utterly spineless. Imagine being so weak willed that you play along with this farce involving a player who snubbed you because you'd previously dropped him.

There’s got to be some people who support the idea. 

If the general consensus was in line with this forum, the attendance would be minimal, and those that are there would be booing and burning rooney effigies. 

(Not saying I’m for or against, I just don’t really care that much, I don’t begrudge Rooney, not would I care I never saw him in a football shirt again (that last ditch tackle to set up the winner in the last minute he did recently though really upped my respect levels considerably)). 

Archived