In a Nutshell: Derby County v B’ham City

Ellafella

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Hector - esque is pushing it somewhat, but I will be happy if he turns out to be 30% of Kevin Hector 

Loved Hector he was my all time hero as a kid.

However his record from wiki - Kevin James Hector (born 2 November 1944 in Leeds)[1] is an English former footballer who scored 268 goals from 662.

Based on these stats, 30% of KH for JM would be 80 goals in 662. 

I think I would prefer 100% Hector.

I’m looking forward to 4,000 goals in Blackburn Lancashire, meanwhile I just want to sing Yesterday, and let’s face it Marriots song should be “here there and everywhere”

Now let’s send the Villa home with a rousing chorus of “Super Frankie Lampards lovely football team hope you all enjoyed the show”

?

51 minutes ago, RedSox said:

No one will touch the majestic qualities of the King!

For us of a certain age hector will never be replicated , he is from an era when players often stayed with one club a very long time as hector did with us and that is magnified if the player is a front player who scores lots of goals and vital goals ,, hector is my king and will remain so

22 hours ago, Ellafella said:

8.    But it was arguably Camp who catalysed the Blue’s eventual disintegration; blatantly kicking the ball away from an efficient Ballboy’s retrieval in a piece of not-so-subtle time-wasting, Camp saw Yellow Submarine but worse, simultaneously sparked the even-less subtle incandescent rage of the South Stand. Does he get off on being the target of 6,000 invectivised voices? I almost felt sorry for him but the spark was enough to crank the Ram’s machine up to notch 11, and moments later Forsyth put in a trade-mark Mr Whippy, which Bennett merely had to poke over the line for the equaliser. Cue Pride Park pandemonium: Twist & Shout! And Bounce.

I actually saw it as the ball boy throwing the ball too hard at/past Camp. Nothing to do with Camp kicking it away. He was kinda unlucky to get a yellow for that.

2 minutes ago, topgun06 said:

I actually saw it as the ball boy throwing the ball too hard at/past Camp. Nothing to do with Camp kicking it away. He was kinda unlucky to get a yellow for that.

He made no effort to stop the ball going past him. Several players had already been warned for timewasting. It's also very easy to book goalkeepers, as they are far less likely to pick up cards than outfield players.

12 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He made no effort to stop the ball going past him. Several players had already been warned for timewasting. It's also very easy to book goalkeepers, as they are far less likely to pick up cards than outfield players.

I walked back along the river earwigging two Brum fans … "Campy ! he 'add that coomin maite oi've been soyin it fu woiks"

Disconcerting how Fulham played everyone off the park last year and have now already shipped 28 goals in 10 games. Cardiff just not a Premier side but may fi ish 4th bottom. Southampton spent zillions but must be awful to support. Bournemouth and Watford look a great version of what we could realistically be. What we have got. Ow is so much better to watch than any team s in the country except for top six in Premier League. Some of our ayers must be playing to 90% plus of their potential capacity as indi I duals but the genius of Fra k and Jody is that the whole is considerably more than the sum of the parts. That is top class management. 

44 minutes ago, topgun06 said:

Ok ...thanks for clarification. The ref and lots of fans detected time-wasting regardless and Camp saw yellow but I do appreciate you picking this up. 

6 hours ago, Rampage said:

Disconcerting how Fulham played everyone off the park last year and have now already shipped 28 goals in 10 games. Cardiff just not a Premier side but may fi ish 4th bottom. Southampton spent zillions but must be awful to support. Bournemouth and Watford look a great version of what we could realistically be. What we have got. Ow is so much better to watch than any team s in the country except for top six in Premier League. Some of our ayers must be playing to 90% plus of their potential capacity as indi I duals but the genius of Fra k and Jody is that the whole is considerably more than the sum of the parts. That is top class management. 

Damn them productive ticks.......?

Archived