Tom Huddlestone Appreciation Thread

MK

I know that Huds is given a huge amount of appreciation all over this forum but i feel it's about time we gave him his own thread.

He was outstanding again tonight. Whenever he got the ball I felt comfortable that he'd be able to pick out the right pass and set us on our way and (except for once that I can think of) that's exactly what be did every time.

Huds is truly a premier league player a I feel so privileged that he is a Ram.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Incredible player adapting more and more to the style of play, the vision and precision of his passes are outstanding. Still maintain if he had an extra yard or two of pace he’d have had 50+England caps.

He plays for frank Lampards Derby now. Still plenty of time for those 50 England caps 

The way Frank has him playing suits his game, its a bit like Dave Mackay and Clough/Taylor.

Mackay 'I cant run like i used too'

Clough, 'i dont want you to run around Dave, i just want you to control 12 yrds around the D' 

I think Frank (and Jody)  see what a player has in his locker and then says 'right, you need to do this or that..

He's got Tom playing in a way that suits Tom, and now we can totally appreciate the pure genious of the man,  ? 

Thats a great management team

When Hudds signed I had a vision of him sitting back and controlling the play in front of him and dictating the game. Rowett couldn’t get the team to play that way but how we are set up with the energy in front of him to hunt the ball down this is everything I was hoping for from Hudds.

His awareness is exceptional. I was at the game last night. I could only count one occasion when he gave the ball away. Truly outstanding in the middle and his ability to keep us ticking over is integral to the way we want to play. Glad he's done the work to make that spot his own. 

My post before the season started when he was linked with a move away -

'I'd be sad to see him go. A class above this league and he showed that so many times last year, even though his legs are going some players still can't get within 5 yards of him. I was looking forward to seeing him play with this young, exciting team in front of him.'

A footballing brain in the CDM position is much more vital than 'legs and energy', his composure, vision and footballing brain is key to how we play. He doesn't get an extra few seconds on the ball due to luck, this is experience and quality. I love watching him play, get the cigar out Tommy Huddlestone. a joy to watch.

You might be towing a caravan but you're doing it in a top spec Range Rover.

1 hour ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

He's everything Thorne promised to be.

So true. It just makes me sad that the injuries have stopped George doing just that when when he had/has youth on his side

Masterclass from Tom last night. He’s one of those gifted players who can receive a ball in a crowd and then, somehow, create a two yard exclusion zone around himself, straightens his shin pads and slots a pass to a team mate. At times it seems like slow motion from him but his opponents are walking in glue. 

Archived