Time too give Bogle a break ?

Rambalin

Last few games he has not been at the level he set in the early games of his break through into the team.This is not unusual for young players so is it time to give him a break for a few games and bring back Wisdom.

Alternatively move Timori over and bring in Davies.....thoughts folks ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s still doing ok but he’s not playing at the level he was in earlier games.

Id stick with him for a couple more and see how he fares then give him a rest for a couple of games. It’ll be good for him to watch from the sidelines for a short time and then come back in and stake his claim.

I thought he played well yesterday. Was obviously told to be wary of bombing on too much considering Utd’s tactics.  Thought he played sensibly and the through ball to Lawrence told me he has a good football brain and there is more to him than mazy runs.  

Pass too Lawrence was top draw but is it best to take him out now before the really poor performance comes and has a adverse affect on the team and more importantly on his development.

Iti s a tricky one have seen young players disappear for good if over played too early.

He isn't going to have amazing games every week. If you only put him in against teams who aren't going to cause him trouble, he wont learn anything. Yesterday was a mismatch, I saw Sheff Utd put Mcgoldrick on Bogle and play the ball in the air to him, Bogle was never going to have an easy game when that stuff is happening. However, he needs those challenges to improve.He is doing just fine IMO. 

48 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Possibly. I think he does excellent defensively and getting into attacking areas but lacks any real quality in the final 3rd, which is unusual for a young player (and not a bad thing at all) 

Remember that first and foremost he is a defender. He is 18 years old, his crossing will be worked on and will improve. I've seen enough of him going forward, taking players on, cutting back and trying to pick a player out to know he will improve massively in the final 3rd. Also, I think he's been pretty unlucky not to have a goal to his name yet as hes had a decent amount of good chances himself.  

I thought he played well against Sheff United, certainly one of his better performances of the season. Wisdom is a top defender at Championship level, sure, so wouldn't be surprised to see him come in for the next couple of games but I don't think that's Lampard's style. Against Middlesbrough, we really shouldn't be looking to solidify the defence to detriment our attack as they're not a free flowing attacking side. West Brom on the other hand, they've scored nearly double the amount of goals as Middlesbrough & our selves, so it could be worthwhile giving Wisdom & Davies a start in that one. 

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Last few games he has not been at the level he set in the early games of his break through into the team.This is not unusual for young players so is it time to give him a break for a few games and bring back Wisdom.

Alternatively move Tomori over and bring in Davies.....thoughts folks ?

Doing nothing wrong and when his levels drop put wisdom in - actually Middlesbrough away may be a time for wisdom and certainly Davies 

52 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Remember that first and foremost he is a defender. He is 18 years old, his crossing will be worked on and will improve. I've seen enough of him going forward, taking players on, cutting back and trying to pick a player out to know he will improve massively in the final 3rd. Also, I think he's been pretty unlucky not to have a goal to his name yet as hes had a decent amount of good chances himself.  

Yep mate, I 100% agree

I would play Tomori right back and Davies centre back vs west Brom his performance levels have dropped since the Man u game when he got torn apart by Martial, and Davies coming back in to the team will make us better at dealing with set pieces and crosses which will be very important in the next 2 matches, I think Tomori would be a lot more solid defensively ,and it is worth sacrificing a bit of attacking ability as these are the sort of away games where you have to be solid at the back to get a result against some of the best attacking players in the league. I thought bogle got torn apart first half vs QPR and if that happens vs West Brom who have better wingers we will be in trouble. Also davies was our best defender last season and is our captain so I think he has to start  but at the same time Tomori or Keogh don't deserve to be dropped.

Going forward he's been a bit sloppy, but to counter that Wisdom barely gets forward at all.

Defensively, he's been getting burned for pace but I don't think Wisdom is any quicker - I think we've just been matching up against speedy left wingers.

Don't really see the attraction to swapping them out. Our right attacker will just constantly get crowded out and we'll struggle to move the ball up the field quickly. 

I understand the suggestion to put Tomori at right back but we don't know what playstyle he has there. 

On form absolutely not. In some regards, he's been our stand-out defender this season. Keogh and Tomori have for the most part, been really good too, so that speaks volumes. That said, it's a myth that the youngest players have endless stamina. Seasoned pros generally cope better with the rigours of a long and hard season so if Frank thinks Jayden needs freshening up, then so be it. That said, I'd rather rotate him against teams with less potent strike forces than the likes of Boro and the Baggies. While I've always been a massive fan of Andre Wisdom, he's looked strangely out of sorts this season, by his own relatively high standards. Conversely, Bogle has looked a star of the future and the best recruit from the academy since WIll Hughes. Who'd be a manager, huh! 

Archived