Tom Lawrence - Fan criticism

JoeDerby

Hes had a few good games and a few not so good. Similarly with patches in games - he's a bit like the curates egg.

Does he fit Rowett's style better than Franks? Had more space and fewer options when he was chasing after a defensive lump forward, rather than being asked to make triangles with an attacker and an attacking fullback - with maybe an attacking midfielder thrown in for good measure. I can see how that could confuse........

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hes had a few good games and a few not so good. Similarly with patches in games - he's a bit like the curates egg.

Does he fit Rowett's style better than Franks? Had more space and fewer options when he was chasing after a defensive lump forward, rather than being asked to make triangles with an attacker and an attacking fullback - with maybe an attacking midfielder thrown in for good measure. I can see how that could confuse........

I just think he may well be a second striker to be honest, a bit like Vydra 

8 minutes ago, cannable said:

I just think he may well be a second striker to be honest, a bit like Vydra 

Maybe so. Seems to play a bit more centrally for Wales from the little I watch of them.

just a thought to @JoeDerby - maybe change the thread title to "Tom Lawrence - Fan Opinion" to encourage those who want to say positive things?

He’s fine when there is no decision to make other than shoot or beat a man and shoot. When it’s a quicker team move, he more often that not slows it down. Others have already made fluid runs in tune with the move. It feels like a new move has started when he gets it. I hope he improves. 

He looks better playing down the middle and further forward. 

3 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Compared to who? I’m guessing you think this of all our wingers and front players?

No. He in my view does it more than most and the other telling point is a comparison of games that he’s started compared with those he hasn’t. 

19 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

No. He in my view does it more than most and the other telling point is a comparison of games that he’s started compared with those he hasn’t. 

Fair enough, I would have thought the telling point was the stats, of which show he makes more passes on average than any other winger and foward. 

I’ll leave it there though, as it seems we have different opinions on this and that’s not going to change ?

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

I’ll leave it there though, as it seems we have different opinions on this and that’s not going to change ?

Second time you've said that and it's simply not true. 

If he plays well then I'll rate him. I don't care about any footballer enough to hate them. 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

You thought he played well vs Leeds and Reading? I also thought the front players were all poor at QPR. Lawrence greed was in full effect. FloJo was terrible and Mount couldn't pass wind. 

@Alpha I thought the whole team played poorly against Reading, was better against Leeds but still poor. Lawrence was our main goal threat in both games and scored in both games. He was good in the first half at QPR. FloJo I agree with you bad game and I thought Mount was marked out of the game at QPR. So can see where you are coming from 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Second time you've said that and it's simply not true. 

If he plays well then I'll rate him. I don't care about any footballer enough to hate them. 

Show me one post, just one where you have said he has played well, praised him will do to be fair, or I remember is the countless ones where you criticise him at any opportunity.

You also say you don’t care about any footballer, so therefore I would assume that looking at your post history that each player gets equal criticism?

55 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Show me one post, just one where you have said he has played well, praised him will do to be fair, or I remember is the countless ones where you criticise him at any opportunity.

You also say you don’t care about any footballer, so therefore I would assume that looking at your post history that each player gets equal criticism?

On 28/07/2018 at 21:00, Alpha said:

Lawrence seems to be learning to lift his head up. I thought he was the finished article tbh. Too selfish to learn to stop pretending he's Ronaldo but this summer he seems to have chilled out a bit. Some promise at last after a season of only passing when he's forced to.

Why would I criticise players equally? They don't all contribute equally to improving the team. 

I don't rate Johnson but I'm happy that's he's doing well and I've not tried to say he isn't. I have said that all the back 6 look good to me. I was dead against signing Tom Ince and then I was gutted we sold him.

See how it works?

6 hours ago, Derbyram1 said:

I for one hope that TL has a blinder on Saturday and then this thread might look a bit more positive.

For this to happen the people on this thread would actually have to go to the match. Schoolboy error to assume that one.

30 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

So nobody on this thread goes to the match then apart from yourself we all bow down to you o great one.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying (insert rolling eyes emoji). They'll be one person in the ground tomorrow and that'll be me coz I'm a bigger fan than all of you. FFS!

8 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Jeeees, I got negative comments about a cup of tea I made my work mate about half hour ago, I'm not going to avoid talking to him for the rest of the day though! If we're not allowing opinion we might as well pack it up. 

It's quite balanced in here, nobodies getting personal like other players have had it, it's literally a discussion on his football ability where most are in agreement that he has something, he's just letting himself down in other area's (in some peoples opinions). Make a positive thread, make a positive comment and counter peoples thoughts if you're that bothered.

You put the milk in with the teabag before the water didn't you?!

Archived