Some Random Thoughts

Bob The Badger

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

That's what my acupuncturist always says. He says if you go to a doctor with a bad elbow, they'll look at the elbow and try to treat the elbow. Whereas he looks at the body as a whole, treats the body as a whole, and the elbow will sort itself out. And I tell you what, I swear by this method. He's done my elbow, my knee, my congestion, he even sorted out my sperm motility!

i know that acupuncture is supposed to work by gentle stimulation but i didn't realise you could enjoy it that much.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

That's what my acupuncturist always says. He says if you go to a doctor with a bad elbow, they'll look at the elbow and try to treat the elbow. Whereas he looks at the body as a whole, treats the body as a whole, and the elbow will sort itself out. And I tell you what, I swear by this method. He's done my elbow, my knee, my congestion, he even sorted out my sperm motility!

So, you know...

What were we talking about?

By this you mean your Doctor uses medicine to treat the bit that is damaged..... and your acupuncturist is talking a complete load of balls.

There was a programme on tv last night about the power of placebo..not watched it yet but I suggest you watch it too.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

By this you mean your Doctor uses medicine to treat the bit that is damaged..... and your acupuncturist is talking a complete load of balls.

There was a programme on tv last night about the power of placebo..not watched it yet but I suggest you watch it too.

I actually laughed at the humour in your post so this wasnt a dig at you.

Sure lots of people will come on and say acupuncture works for them....but many say the same about religion, talking to clairvoyants, meditation, herbal remedies and magic beans exchanged for your cow. 

I realise I am dangerously close to flouting the rules about what can be talked about - so I will say no more!

Except to say Lawrence and Bennett are the opposite ends of the same spectrum of not producing a lot on the pitch. One is too much about him and the other needs a little bit of the arrogance of the other.

Be an interesting game Saturday....be nice to get 3 points before the break.  

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I don't watch individual tv programmes. I prefer to watch television as a whole.

I call Lawrence the Enigma

I find he winds me up with all that posturing falling over and flouncing around, then he does something awesome.

I tend to think he thinks he is as good as Ronaldo, so tries to act like him and while he does have flashes of brilliance he is not THAT good.

I remember the Reading game, scored a fantastic header, (great) then good not get up (Milking it) then up around bouncing and dancing while celebrating (hypocrit)

Personally I enjoyed the goal - but then was angered by the other two bits.

We need to bury some magic crystals behind the goals and in a geometrical pattern about the pitch in order to create positive energy and generate the right  yingtang yingtang yong.

Lawrence is a good player, baffles me how people can argue his ability - he has 3 goals. He got sent off, so what! If Bryson or Nugent got a red people would clap them off because there "Favourites" but Lawrence gets called out and blamed.

Mason Mount is player of the season so far only 19 and has an England call up - He is by far the most consistent performer and much better then most players at this level.

We dont miss Vydra? Where would he play? we wouldn't have some of the players that are here now if we still had him.......

2 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Lawrence is a good player, baffles me how people can argue his ability - he has 3 goals. He got sent off, so what! If Bryson or Nugent got a red people would clap them off because there "Favourites" but Lawrence gets called out and blamed.

Mason Mount is player of the season so far only 19 and has an England call up - He is by far the most consistent performer and much better then most players at this level.

We dont miss Vydra? Where would he play? we wouldn't have some of the players that are here now if we still had him.......

1. I know he's talented, that's why he frustrates me. If he was working his tits off all the time he would most definitely be a fan favorite. That there tells you a lot about him.

2. I said Bradley Johnson was player of the year other than Mason Mount.

3. I don't know where he'd play, I said that. But we're hardly lighting it up in the scoring department and we miss his 21 goals.

4 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Unfortunately I can’t see that changing, I see posts that state we have no creativity and then go onto call Lawrence for everything he does, including trying to beat a man and losing it. For me he one of the few, players that can drive at players and create something, he is going to lose it, by his very nature he is sometimes not going to get his head up, and yet he has become a fans target for some reason.

Now we get the accusation he is not trying, and looks bored, based upon around 40 minutes when coming on as a sub In games where there were 10 other players struggling to create chances or play well. 

FFS give the lad a break, we also seem to be going down the same route with Bennet as well at the moment, the lads head was well and truly down on Tuesday, not surprisingly really as most had written him off before a ball was even kicked.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Unfortunately I can’t see that changing, I see posts that state we have no creativity and then go onto call Lawrence for everything he does, including trying to beat a man and losing it. For me he one of the few, players that can drive at players and create something, he is going to lose it, by his very nature he is sometimes not going to get his head up, and yet he has become a fans target for some reason.

Now we get the accusation he is not trying, and looks bored, based upon around 40 minutes when coming on as a sub In games where there were 10 other players struggling to create chances or play well. 

FFS give the lad a break, we also seem to be going down the same route with Bennet as well at the moment, the lads head was well and truly down on Tuesday, not surprisingly really as most had written him off before a ball was even kicked.

In many ways an away game at QPR is a bit of a low stress sort of of a fixture. Mac will tell his troops to keep a close eye on our young starlets  (mason mount in particular) which might give our Tom chance to show what he can do ??

18 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

No I wouldn't have, but I'm trying to look at the season as a whole so far as opposed to a one off cup game.

It's all well and good playing well against a team that probably underestimated us but it counts for very little if we can't reproduce that in our bread and butter games.

Your comment was we’re becoming very predictable which implies it’s over several games yet we have only just beat Man U with lots of ability and creativity yet now you don’t want to take that game into account.No one is flying in the championship this year it’s a wide open close league with many ups and downs to come.Derby are not predictable there attack minded with a defence that’s getting better each week and our % of possession improving too

17 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

That is really not having a dig, it's asking a question and chatting. And if we are reading too much into it and he starts to take over games the way his talent suggest he possibly could, then great, we can admit we were overly concerned.

I have been a fan of Lawrence, but expected him to take a step up this season and that hasn't happened.

And if some random fan or fans point out he's not playing up to his potential puts him on a downer, then he's in the wrong job. Being a player at this level and higher requires a certain amount of mental toughness.

My quip about reading posts was a dig at certain posters on here not professional players reading this.Lets hope Lawrence can work his magic and be a fans favourite.Most great players are a little selfish with the ball and as others have pointed out he has a lot of possession so will lose the ball every now and then.Judge him at end of season 

1 hour ago, dcfc4ever said:

Your comment was we’re becoming very predictable which implies it’s over several games yet we have only just beat Man U with lots of ability and creativity yet now you don’t want to take that game into account.No one is flying in the championship this year it’s a wide open close league with many ups and downs to come.Derby are not predictable there attack minded with a defence that’s getting better each week and our % of possession improving too

I hope you're right, just not what I'm seeing with my own eyes.

20 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Is it just me who gets fed up with all the critique? Frank is building a new team who seem to be doing pretty well. Serious question....has Derbyshire fallen out of love with Derby County? 

I'd say that constant critiquing is a sign of the opposite. To me it says that the fans are engaged and care enough to analyse the team/performances. It's apathy that's the danger for Derby County. 

When was the last time an internet forum featured a 10 post thread complaining about the performance of Derby Rugby Football Club? I'm guessing never, because only 18 people in the city care, and they've got odd shaped balls.

On 05/10/2018 at 09:17, RamNut said:

We need to bury some magic crystals behind the goals and in a geometrical pattern about the pitch in order to create positive energy and generate the right  yingtang yingtang yong.

The pitch just needs a bit of feng shui. The pitch needs turning 90 degrees, it will then be in the same alignment as the old pitch at the BBG. 

Archived