Some Random Thoughts

Bob The Badger

Lawrence is letting everybody down, especially himself

His sending off petulant and stupid, but it could have acted as a catalyst to him buckling down to earn his first team place back.

But he looks bored and lacking in commitment.

I hoped he was going to be another Leighton James and that even though he wasn’t an out and out winger like LJ, he was just taking time to bed in.

Now I’m not so sure and I wonder if he’s miffed because players younger than he is are taking the limelight.

We miss Vydra

I’ve no clue how he would have fitted into this steam, but I am sure we miss his goal output.

I was against selling him unless we replaced him with somebody equally capable of knocking in 20+ goals.

It’s super risky thinking you can pick that amount of strikes up from multiple players. 

Perhaps Marriott will be the man and maybe even Waghorn. But whereas I love Nugents work effort and he definitely makes it easier for those around him you still need your main striker to be scoring more frequently.

Keogh is Derby’s most underrated player of the last decade

The problem with RK is that you can almost guarantee he will hit one horrible pass in a game, so horrible that everybody will remember it.

If you hate him, guess what? Yeh, you zoom in on that, especially if it leads to a goal which they do a lot less than most people seem to think.

But he hits sooooo many great shorter passes and some longer ones and is a very intelligent footballer.

His positional sense and reading of the game means he does a lot of stuff under the radar that doesn’t get appreciated by many fans.

There’s a reason that every single manager has picked him in his tenure at the club.

Of and btw, the goal conceded against Norwich was on Tomori, Richard was trying to cover for him turning his back on the ball.

Jayden Bogle will play for England.

Not with us of course and it maybe a couple of years ago, but when he learns the game fully he will be a star.

Bradley Johnson is my player of the season not called Mason Mount

He’s one player that has really flourished under Lampard and he’s playing like we thought/hoped he would when we signed him.

Having said that, he’s one of those players I imagine Frank thought would be picking up the occasional goal to supplement the collective attempt to make up for the loss of Vydra. Then again he’s playing deeper so understandable he isn’t.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Lawrence is letting everybody down, especially himself

...I hoped he was going to be another Leighton James and that even though he wasn’t an out and out winger like LJ, he was just taking time to bed in.

I'm glad he's not. ?

I've been one of Tom's staunchest supporters but I too am a little concerned by his demeanour in recent games. There's a significant danger that we fans read too much into such things so I hope that I'm doing likewise but I'm not certain that he looks overly fussed right now. Like any player, he can have all the adulation and plaudits his heart desires but only if his performances warrant them. I'd hoped (and predicted on multiple occasions) that he'd really kick on this season but it's not really happened just yet which worries me somewhat.  

4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I've been one of Tom's staunchest supporters but I too am a little concerned by his demeanour in recent games. There's a significant danger that we fans read too much into such things so I hope that I'm doing likewise but I'm not certain that he looks overly fussed right now. Like any player, he can have all the adulation and plaudits his heart desires but only if his performances warrant them. I'd hoped (and predicted on multiple occasions) that he'd really kick on this season but it's not really happened just yet which worries me somewhat.  

Your reading too much in to this.Hes just been out for 3 games after the rash tackle which I am sure he would greatly regret.Then a fan back lash against him blaming him for the lost.If he reads this forum and the Anti Lawrence posts that would put a downer on any player.I thought he did ok when he came on against Norwich and needs a decent run again.Nice we have competition for positional places now and this will bring the best out of him.Very talented player and appreaciated by Wales fans and Giggs shame Derby fans can’t give him there full backing rather than calling his commitment.No dig at you 86,like your posts but you’ll bring out the Lawrence moaners now

3 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

Your reading too much in to this.Hes just been out for 3 games after the rash tackle which I am sure he would greatly regret.Then a fan back lash against him blaming him for the lost.If he reads this forum and the Anti Lawrence posts that would put a downer on any player.I thought he did ok when he came on against Norwich and needs a decent run again.Nice we have competition for positional places now and this will bring the best out of him.Very talented player and appreaciated by Wales fans and Giggs shame Derby fans can’t give him there full backing rather than calling his commitment.No dig at you 86,like your posts but you’ll bring out the Lawrence moaners now

I'm not really having a dig just worried is all. Hope you're right though. I think there's bags of ability there if Frank can get him firing properly. 

1) Lawrence hasn't let me down. He's done well so far this season, sending off was daft but at least he cared enough. 

2) As a player I miss Vydra , as a team we don't 

3) No poo 

4) again no poo , the lads quality , absolute quality.

5) Agree again on Johnson been so good this year , especially the last 4 games . 

My random thought yesterday that we're becoming very predictable and without Mount we would have nothing in terms of creativity. 

A betting man could probably have predicted all 3 of our substitutions last night and also probably the timing of them to within 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

My random thought yesterday that we're becoming very predictable and without Mount we would have nothing in terms of creativity. 

A betting man could probably have predicted all 3 of our substitutions last night and also probably the timing of them to within 10 minutes.

You wouldn’t have said were becoming very predictable against Man U would you.We beat Man U only days ago with loads of creativity and you come up with that comment.You need some happy pills G Star.Get a grip

16 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

.Very talented player and appreaciated by Wales fans and Giggs

Thought I'd have a look at his Wales career to see what position he plays for Wales... according to this he (#17) plays kind of, in the middle, but then so does everyone else. Looks like they line up in a similar way to my lads U8's team before they're shouted at to get in position ?

Screenshot_20181004-212014_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d00f36de540b1d563be1a4848a8f9319.jpg

4 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

You wouldn’t have said were becoming very predictable against Man U would you.We beat Man U only days ago with loads of creativity and you come up with that comment.You need some happy pills G Star.Get a grip

Here here! 

32 minutes ago, dcfc4ever said:

No I wouldn't have, but I'm trying to look at the season as a whole so far as opposed to a one off cup game.

It's all well and good playing well against a team that probably underestimated us but it counts for very little if we can't reproduce that in our bread and butter games.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm trying to look at the season as a whole so far as opposed to a one off cup game

That's what my acupuncturist always says. He says if you go to a doctor with a bad elbow, they'll look at the elbow and try to treat the elbow. Whereas he looks at the body as a whole, treats the body as a whole, and the elbow will sort itself out. And I tell you what, I swear by this method. He's done my elbow, my knee, my congestion, he even sorted out my sperm motility!

So, you know...

What were we talking about?

2 hours ago, dcfc4ever said:

That is really not having a dig, it's asking a question and chatting. And if we are reading too much into it and he starts to take over games the way his talent suggest he possibly could, then great, we can admit we were overly concerned.

I have been a fan of Lawrence, but expected him to take a step up this season and that hasn't happened.

And if some random fan or fans point out he's not playing up to his potential puts him on a downer, then he's in the wrong job. Being a player at this level and higher requires a certain amount of mental toughness.

Archived