Some Random Thoughts

Bob The Badger

On 04/10/2018 at 21:35, Parsnip said:

It's "Hear hear" innit.

Love stuff like that, googled it and you’re correct it’s “hear, hear”. This forum is brilliant! 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need a big striker  to add variety and muscle to our attack .Trying to thread a ball through the eye of a needle to a diminutive figure such as Marriott or Waghorn doesn't work too often. Fulham only started to really function once they signed Mitrovic , Brighton got promoted with Glen Murray,and Burnley with Andre Gray. Frank has sold Jerome and loaned Chris Martin leaving us with similar type strikers.

13 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I think we need a big striker  to add variety and muscle to our attack .Trying to thread a ball through the eye of a needle to a diminutive figure such as Marriott or Waghorn doesn't work too often. Fulham only started to really function once they signed Mitrovic , Brighton got promoted with Glen Murray,and Burnley with Andre Gray. Frank has sold Jerome and loaned Chris Martin leaving us with similar type strikers.

I agree but don't think Frank does. The January transfer window will give us more of a clue to what FL's squad aims are, because atm they seem 'odd in places'.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree but don't think Frank does. The January transfer window will give us more of a clue to what FL's squad aims are, because atm they seem 'odd in places'.

Frank is used to playing with world class players who can thread a ball through they eye of a needle. He also played in teams with big ,muscular, mobile strikers such as Drogba. Notwithstanding the wages I am surprised he didn't try harder to sign Abraham on loan from Chelsea. Our players are trying hard to maintain possession but sometimes it would be useful to have a target man to hit. The after match show on Rams Tv said that there is something missing and I think we need a big striker as an option.

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think progress will be driven by results - get the team into top 6 by Christmas and a steady as she goes transfer policy will become evident. 

If we are in the 7 to 10 place slot getting new talent...becomes the driving force.

1 feel we need a quality centre back good in the air (?) And a quality centre forward also good in the air. (Former think Curtis!)

Our wingers and full backs will improve.

Sttikeforce of Nugent/Mariott/Waghorn will improve.

Midfield will sort itself out. 

Will anyone sell us a proven goal scorer in January - an option for plan B when the current 3 dont/can't deliver ? 

Marriott.     Waghorn

wilson.     Mount.      Evans.      Jozefzoon

malone.   Tomori.    Keogh.      Bogle 

.                        Carson

i'd love to see us be brave enough to try it for the next 10 games.

holmes might feature as the winger in reserve

bennett would be the reserve striker able to replace waghorn or marriott

Lawrence might understudy mount or jozefzoon, but he isn't a left sided player.

fozzy is slowly morphing into a left sided centre back and might yet be useful there as well as LB cover

Bryson could be a useful sub for when we want to close the game

with wisdom covering RB and CB and roos, thats the 18

(Altho i'd secretly hope that George could force his way back in somewhere)

January could be the time to move on some of the others if the above team does well.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Marriott.     Waghorn

wilson.     Mount.      Evans.      Jozefzoon

malone.   Tomori.    Keogh.      Bogle 

.                        Carson

i'd love to see us be brave enough to try it for the next 10 games.

holmes might feature as the winger in reserve

bennett would be the reserve striker able to replace waghorn or marriott

Lawrence might understudy mount or jozefzoon, but he isn't a left sided player.

fozzy is slowly morphing into a left sided centre back and might yet be useful there as well as LB cover

Bryson could be a useful sub for when we want to close the game

with wisdom covering RB and CB and roos, thats the 18

(Altho i'd secretly hope that George could force his way back in somewhere)

January could be the time to move on some of the others if the above team does well.

Exciting team - would possibly add curtis to the scheme. 

Johnson and Nugent don't make it to your bench ? 

Who said " you don't win anything with Kids"....overall age of the team will continue to drop. Fresh youthfull energy is good.

1 hour ago, Err ram io said:

Exciting team - would possibly add curtis to the scheme. 

Johnson and Nugent don't make it to your bench ? 

Who said " you don't win anything with Kids"....overall age of the team will continue to drop. Fresh youthfull energy is good.

Credit to him, i think johnno has been much improved....but, effectively we are playing an extra centre mid instead of a second striker. We've tried the former, now lets try the latter.

in my selection, its a choice between johnno and bryson for the bench. Not alot in it. And there's george and butters to consider too. Perhaps craig is a bit more versatile and ultimately more suited to the type of football we're trying to play.

nuge is great. But i'm reminded of peter taylor telling brian clough it was time to get rid of willie carlin. It reduced me to tears but thats management. ultimately the replacements are already here and chomping on the bit.

Archived