If derby ever left pp

B4ev6is

In the future we'll probably play in a big shed holding about £10k-£15k

The game wil be streamed live for a tenner to home and away fans, generating much more income than we get at present.

away fans would get 1-2k seats. The pitch would be made 20% smaller to encourage more goalmouth action.

the smaller all seater stadium will generate a bear pit baseball ground type of atmosphere.

we'll probably play three halves of 30 minutes to suit tv with two half times / advertisement breaks.

it will be compulsory to pick at least  1 girl in the squad of 18. All subs can be used.

the concourses will be twice the size, and it will be called the Meladrome. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought the first games were played on the racecourse (now derbyshire cricket) but then horse racing...I thought Mr Leys went to the U.S and brought the game of baseball back to Derby but it never took off so Derby County moved from the racecourse to the BBG. 

32 minutes ago, RamNut said:

In the future we'll probably play in a big shed holding about £10k-£15k

The game wil be streamed live for a tenner to home and away fans, generating much more income than we get at present.

away fans would get 1-2k seats. The pitch would be made 20% smaller to encourage more goalmouth action.

the smaller all seater stadium will generate a bear pit baseball ground type of atmosphere.

we'll probably play three halves of 30 minutes to suit tv with two half times / advertisement breaks.

it will be compulsory to pick at least  1 girl in the squad of 18. All subs can be used.

the concourses will be twice the size, and it will be called the Meladrome. 

The one thing that bothers me with this post is how do you play 3 halves? ??‍♂️

13 hours ago, TexasRam said:

It was he character that PP sadly lacks that made it what it was. Modern stadium and sadly the some of fan base have made the experience what it is today soulless. Maybe it the rose tinted specs but that how I see it. RIP BBG 

Not everyone is of the age or generation to have experienced the Baseball Ground. So to say those fans who attend matches are making it soulless is harsh. 

Looking back with nostalgia tinted specs is probably not a good thing. The world has moved on in so many ways and if the BBG was still in use and even if it still allowed standing I suspect because of its location it would have very reduced attendance. It was a dump and its time had gone. Like all the other ruins around Derby that should just be bulldozed.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Not everyone is of the age or generation to have experienced the Baseball Ground. So to say those fans who attend matches are making it soulless is harsh. 

Not everyone I agree, but the new stadia attracts a type of fan nowadays which I think wants a different experience (which is there choice of course). This new type of fan for me has changed he matchday experience, maybe also due to the culture we now live in as well. Which in comparison to the past, especially the BBG days is soulless.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Looking back with nostalgia tinted specs is probably not a good thing. The world has moved on in so many ways and if the BBG was still in use and even if it still allowed standing I suspect because of its location it would have very reduced attendance. It was a dump and its time had gone. Like all the other ruins around Derby that should just be bulldozed.

nooooo........not @eddie - he should have railings put around him ?

Despite my lack of hair, I'm too young to remember the BBG and so, for me, my home will always be Pride Park.  It's a brilliant stadium and ideally located for driving, catching the train, or, in some cases, walking...and unlikely some of the older, more traditional grounds such as Bramall Lane, it doesn't stink of p*ss...seriously, what is wrong with that place?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good away day at one of the more traditional grounds - Barnsley away is a personal favourite - but I can always come back to my modern stadium home comforts, and that is great.

On 13/09/2018 at 14:06, MuespachRam said:

Worst thing he club ever did. 

You got the wrong thread you are looking for the Paul Jewell thread 

4 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Well it was also a wooden deathtrap.

I think you mean green, sustainable, and environmentally friendly, with a low embodied energy content.

10 hours ago, Owd miner said:

How many folk died there pal ? 

The thing is you don't know, something might have happened had we stayed there, no one can answer.

Its a bit like saying what was the fuss over the millennium bug...

Archived