If derby ever left pp

B4ev6is

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We won't leave PP in the foreseeable future B4 ,I believe the ground was designed to lift the other stands up to the West stand level .We would need to be established in the Prem to get anywhere near 40k gates every match although I believe we may fill it on some occasions.

The BBG was brilliant in every way other than  its final capacity [18500] and unfortunately it belonged to another era sadly missed . PP will never be Derbys spiritual home for me it will always be the BBG.

We don’t need 40 k. Even if we are promoted, after the initial excitement and without giving away teams 6 k plus tickets we would settle at around 31-33k max. Season 2-3-4 if we are established mid table mediocrity in the  premier league this would drop below 30 k as it’s boring after a while. Remember some fans aren’t even bothered about going QPR away 

Pride Park has loads of potential for expansion and therefore I think DCFC would have to go out of business to vacate the area.  

I think PP is nicer than the BBG as it’s more state of the art but the BBG served its day and left memories but I wouldn’t want to have  been like Everton and Forest and stayed at the old grounds. 

The recreation and corporate is great at PP. 

9 minutes ago, superzak said:

Its time someone sponsored the  P.P S and had the balls to call it the "new baseball ground" if only i could win the lottery and..." welcome to the baseball ground "would ring out again.

wouldn't make sense. It's never been used for Baseball.

As for building a new BBG, they wouldn't be allowed to build like that now!

I like Pride Park - it is comfortabe, you don't bang your knees on the seats in front,  there's a great view from every seat, the entrances and exits are safe and you don't have to queue much, either for refreshments or toilets (of which there are plenty.) Where it is actually helps you to get there by car  - which is how most people travel these days. I can only imagine the car queuing if we were still at the Baseball Ground.

The only thing I really miss about the Baseball Ground is that sense of being right on top of the action. But that came at a cost for me of personal safety so I will always prefer Pride Park. 

Pride park, mi owd mukkas it a soulless concrete bowl built around the ridiculous order that all stadium should be allseater after Hillsborough. The rush for new stadium was sickening. The heart of the club for me was ripped out when we moved. it is now  money money money. Ask west Ham fans how they feel about moving......

I like Pride Park, Its a nice stadium - im pretty sure were usually in the top 3 most seasons for the overall away day experience.

However i think we can improve aspects of the ground such as the top corner in the north stand near the screen, It always looks so empty and would like us to give out deals or prizes to fill it. Im also hoping for Safe standing to be introduced in the south stand as this would enhance the atmosphere.  

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

We don’t need 40 k. Even if we are promoted, after the initial excitement and without giving away teams 6 k plus tickets we would settle at around 31-33k max. 

I don't know about this. In the dismal 07/08 season, despite our poor performances we still attracted home crowds of over 30k every single game. In fact most games at home had crowds of 32k to 33k and in the last 7 games we were nearly packed out in the stadium.

Not saying we need nor want a new ground but I could see us pulling in crowds over 35k given our record, should we return to the top flight.

7 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I like Pride Park, Its a nice stadium - im pretty sure were usually in the top 3 most seasons for the overall away day experience.

It's rated very highly -- I work away sometimes and those who have been to PP always praise it as a great ground not too far from the pubs and town. Proud to say we are also regularly rated top for average home attendances in the Championship too.  Going back season after season our fans never seem to waiver.

Archived