Dunking- Where do you stand

FindernRam

My throwaway comment in another thread about having a Digestive Biscuit Sandwich caused some mild amusement (more than the actual topic)

So here's another:

I have just had a catastrophe. Attempting a 3/4 dunk of a Hobnob into my morning coffee a structural failure occurred in the dry bit a and  huge lump of biscuit splashed coffee over my T shirt. Better half said she had no sympathy!

I recovered most of it and although soggier than normal was quite palatable.

The coffee was bitty but drinkable.  Next time I might leave it in there and stir it up. Could patent it as "Hobcoff"

Anyway to the question:

1.  Do you dunk!
  2.  What's your technique to avoid sogginess?
  3. What is you favourite item to dunk (keep it clean vicar!)? 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

My throwaway comment in another thread about having a Digestive Biscuit Sandwich caused some mild amusement (more than the actual topic)

So here's another:

I have just had a catastrophe. Attempting a 3/4 dunk of a Hobnob into my morning coffee a structural failure occurred in the dry bit a and  huge lump of biscuit splashed coffee over my T shirt. Better half said she had no sympathy!

I recovered most of it and although soggier than normal was quite palatable.

The coffee was bitty but drinkable.  Next time I might leave it in there and stir it up. Could patent it as "Hobcoff"

Anyway to the question:

1.  Do you dunk!

Dunking inferior biscuits will incur the above mentioned catastrophe. As a service to all dunkers on this site I will pass on the following advice free of charge.

Instead of purchasing overpriced biscuits made in Leicestershire, one can obtain superior snacking solutions made just over the Derbyshire border in the neighbouring county of Staffordshire, (you can see the factory from Doveridge).

The packs you need to look for are called Oaties or Oaty Crumbles usually in supermarket branding, Asda, Lidl, Aldi, Sainsburys, Tesco etc.

No need to thank me.

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Anyway to the question:

1.  Do you dunk!

Yes, if they sink they are innocent. If they float they're a witch. Oh, sorry - you were talking about biscuits....

Archived