Dunking- Where do you stand

FindernRam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think all biscuits are ok to be dunked into tea (never coffee). Different biscuits require different skill levels, for instance a Nice biscuit requires real skill to have it in and out with no shaking it all about to avoid a mess over the china tea cup. 

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

I think all biscuits are ok to be dunked into tea (never coffee). Different biscuits require different skill levels, for instance a Nice biscuit requires real skill to have it in and out with no shaking it all about to avoid a mess over the china tea cup. 

A hard dough mixture like Morning Coffee and Rich Tea type biscuits are particularly suited to a quick dip in coffee while a soft dough such as Digestive, Nice and Malted Milk are more designed for a slightly lengthier dunk in Tea.

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Apparently the Queen Mother liked to dunk so totally acceptable upper class behaviour. Churchill reportedly dipped his cigar in Gin/Whisky/Brandy.

Allegedly President Clinton like to dip his cigar into something a little more exotic before he smoked it.

As for myself I like to dip a slice of rich fruit cake into a whisky infused tea. Any cake that drops into the tea during the dipping process, can be scooped out and eaten after the tea as been drunk.

Tried it recently with a chai latte. Tasted great.

14 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

A hard dough mixture like Morning Coffee and Rich Tea type biscuits are particularly suited to a quick dip in coffee while a soft dough such as Digestive, Nice and Malted Milk are more designed for a slightly lengthier dunk in Tea.

I bow to your expertise in all things biscuit (and dcfc of course). I do confess to enjoying a dunked jammy dodger too and am willing to sacrifice the tea flavour for the enhancement of the biscuit experience.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 00:07, 1of4 said:

As for myself I like to dip a slice of rich fruit cake into a whisky infused tea.

You were doing great until you put tea at the end of the sentence. In your honour I dipped a piece of Dundee cake into a drop of neat 25 year old malt (actually couldn't face doing that so used some blended stuff!). It was superb.

Trouble is I could see me putting on 5 stone (look it up kiddies) and losing my driving licence thanks to you!

Cheers

4 hours ago, FindernRam said:

You were doing great until you put tea at the end of the sentence. In your honour I dipped a piece of Dundee cake into a drop of neat 25 year old malt (actually couldn't face doing that so used some blended stuff!). It was superb.

Trouble is I could see me putting on 5 stone (look it up kiddies) and losing my driving licence thanks to you!

Cheers

I started by dunking in neat whisky but was in danger of becoming an alcoholic, thats why the tea was added.

Archived