Man Utd (A) Carabao Cup Tickets

Day

Generous offer again by Mel, I won't be taking him up on it this time though.

Far too much to sit in the gods, or stand should I say because unless you're a jockey sitting would be impossible with that seat pitch.

All drinks in plastic pint pots, even water, and to top it off, surrounded by utter bankers who masquerade as home fans, even while stopping overnight in the same hotel's as the away fans.

'Theatre of Dreams' do me a favour, in reality it's like going to bed dreaming of Gemma Arterton, but waking up to find Gemma Collins starting the bounce on your away membership.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Generous offer again by Mel, I won't be taking him up on it this time though.

Far too much to sit in the gods, or stand should I say because unless you're a jockey sitting would be impossible with that seat pitch.

All drinks in plastic pint pots, even water, and to top it off, surrounded by utter bankers who masquerade as home fans, even while stopping overnight in the same hotel's as the away fans.

'Theatre of Dreams' do me a favour, in reality it's like going to bed dreaming of Gemma Arterton, but waking up to find Gemma Collins starting the bounce on your away membership.

It’s named after the Bobby Charlton days mate.  

A fantastic World Cup winner.  

19 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But if your season ticket holder only £25

So we took 5,600 when:

- Friday night
- Not on TV
- FA Cup (More important competition)
- £30 after Mels intervention

This time around:

- Tuesday night, school night
- On TV
- League Cup
- £25 for the first 5000 odd fans and then £43 thereafter! (Oh and £36 for none ST holders)

Absolutely think we'll be around the 3500 mark. I'm not wasting my money on this trip especially after Sky came in.

Mel's offer is brilliant (Although I'm curious to know if the subsidy comes form his pocket or the clubs pocket, after all, I think we do get some of the gate receipts back which will more than offset the cost).

There will still be 50-60,000 at the game because Man Utd make ST holders buy tickets and on-top of that, the prawn sandwich brigade with the snap happy fans will go as well.

I'll be nice and warm on my sofa personally. Rotherham this Saturday is far more important (And value for money).

I'm really contemplating going to this one (memories of '09 at the semi-final), but if taking others the price is looking too high.

£25 for a season ticket holder is for many and for me a reasonable price, but if I wanted to take family who are all Rams (dad, brother, girlfriend, etc.) then with transport we're easily talking a few hundred quid for 4 or 5 people. It gets harder to gather non-season ticket fans willing to pay the best part of £40 just for the ticket.

I'm still contemplating it, but I'll have to either go on my tod or take just a couple of us. Really hope we take the full allocation but I reckon we'll end up with 5 or 6 thousand of us up there.

55 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So we took 5,600 when:

- Friday night
- Not on TV
- FA Cup (More important competition)
- £30 after Mels intervention

This time around:

- Tuesday night, school night
- On TV
- League Cup
- £25 for the first 5000 odd fans and then £43 thereafter! (Oh and £36 for none ST holders)

Absolutely think we'll be around the 3500 mark. I'm not wasting my money on this trip especially after Sky came in.

Mel's offer is brilliant (Although I'm curious to know if the subsidy comes form his pocket or the clubs pocket, after all, I think we do get some of the gate receipts back which will more than offset the cost).

There will still be 50-60,000 at the game because Man Utd make ST holders buy tickets and on-top of that, the prawn sandwich brigade with the snap happy fans will go as well.

I'll be nice and warm on my sofa personally. Rotherham this Saturday is far more important (And value for money).

Think you're probably discounting the Lampard factor plus the fact that there will be a few who will genuinely think we can go there and win because the media are portraying Man Utd in crisis! 

Re who is subsidising the tickets, pretty safe to assume it is MM, even it is coming out of the club coffers it will only increase the losses that MM has to cover.

Archived