Cyclists.

Boycie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Tossers when there's a cycle track they still take up half the road they need to be careful cause I ain't bothered if they end up a mascot on my bonnet.

On the other hand when I'm on my bike bloody motorist are so inconsiderate they need to be careful or they'll have a footprint on their door. 

I would like to refer you to the updated t & c - 

'Content that threatens or advocates for harm on oneself or others.'

Your comment is verboten - now post a nice picture of a kitten and say three Hail Marys.

I haven't got a problem with cyclists ... but .....

There is a particular type of cyclist - aged about 38-55, who does insist on wearing all the lycra (and ends up looking like an ad for black pudding or a stuffed bin liner), and he does like to chat to his mate alongside as he meanders down a lane.

It's the combination of complete inconsideration for others and the ridiculous get-up that annoys. When I leave the house to drive my Roller I don't feel obliged to dress like Lewis Hamilton at Monaco; and when I make Salmon and scrambled egg for the lingerie model indoors I don't feel the need to dress like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets.

As a cycle commuter and weekend driver I see both sides and as David says, the 2nd comment nails it. I've had just as many near miss accidents on my bike with other cyclists riding like prats on a cycle path as I have in my car with other drivers on the road. For the most part, people drive and cycle sensibly

The lycra is a whole other issue. Some of these cyclists have no shame (and possibly no mirror). I like the Scandinavian attitude to cycling. 

"Dress for the destination not the journey"

Lycra looks awful. But....having suffered an alternative wardrobe failure i found that i was flashing me nuts and bolts to every on coming vehicle,

19 hours ago, Stagtime said:

I live in the Samford ranges just outside of Brisbane so we get a lot of cyclists especially on weekends. I found the easiest way to get past them is 6 litres of V8 muscle.

I remember the cycle lanes being very good round Brisbane and off the road?It was 9 years ago though.

Plenty of hoons though(is that what they’re called?)

Most cyclists are are just a pain in the arris. They either A: think they are a contestant in the Tour de France whilst dress in stupid outfits and riding in a group taking up more of the road than a large lorry. B: weave in and out of traffic, ride through red lights, both pedestrian crossing and traffic, while attempting to cover a distance during rush hour faster than a car. 

All road users should pass a test before being able to take a vehicle on to the road. I'd also like to see all road users have some sort of licence, insurance and a visible form of identification. As this would probably be logistically impossible it will never happen.

21 hours ago, Coconut said:

The one's who've already attained a road worthy level of physical fitness are OK, it's the stupid twits who are cycling in order to try to get fit that cause problems. 

You know the sort, can't even maintain enough pace/power so that when they're going uphill they're wobbling from side to side (and sometimes that's just their gigantic arse) and moving about a meter every 3 seconds. Had one topple over at the traffic lights going through Castle Donington once, while stationary!

It's very dangerous to walk in the road with your back to the traffic, even more so when walking round sharp left bends.

So why do the sort of people you refer to think its ok to crawl at walking pace up hills and round bends?

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I remember the cycle lanes being very good round Brisbane and off the road?It was 9 years ago though.

Plenty of hoons though(is that what they’re called?)

Yeah, plenty of hoons  around. Biggest problem up the range is the council doesn’t keep the cycle lanes clean so you can’t blame them for keeping out of them. And the roads are 70-100kmh out this way.

Archived