Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MackworthRamIsGod

Jack Marriott

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

He's not got a lot wrong thus far. Jack had a chance to show what he can do in the Hull cup game and failed to impress. Doesn't make him a bad player or a waste of money as it's clear he'll score goals but is he showing enough to get in ahead of Nuge, Waggs or Mason? I don't think he is just yet and clearly neither does Frank. You can't play a guy just because he cost a few quid. He's got to show he's ready. Long old season and he'll be playing and banging in the goals soon enough. We and he just need to be patient.

A little bit harsh on Marriott there, he got in good positions in the Hull game but didn’t convert his opportunities. Nugent hasn't been prolific either and missed his best chance yesterday. 

I would agree though that he didn't impress enough to get in the matchday squad ahead of other players who are showing more. Sorry if I appear to be splitting hairs! 

I like that we have this fierce competition for places and I think your assessment of Marriott as the season goes on is spot on. He'll eventually replace Nugent and will match his phenomenal work-rate and goals. Exciting times! 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, angieram said:

A little bit harsh on Marriott there, he got in good positions in the Hull game but didn’t convert his opportunities. Nugent hasn't been prolific either and missed his best chance yesterday. 

I would agree though that he didn't impress enough to get in the matchday squad ahead of other players who are showing more. Sorry if I appear to be splitting hairs! 

I like that we have this fierce competition for places and I think your assessment of Marriott as the season goes on is spot on. He'll eventually replace Nugent and will match his phenomenal work-rate and goals. Exciting times! 

I don't think it's harsh Angie. I'm not laying into him, far from it. I've said I'm confident he'll do well. At Hull he got into good positions but was snatching at his chances and I'd put that down to simply trying to hard. It's a big move for the lad and as soon as he settles, the goals will flow. If you asked Jack how he felt he'd done I reckon he'd say pretty much the same himself. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

In these situations the poster needs to decide on the credibility of the rumour / fact / poo stirring and if he puts it forward into the public domain, he should accept responsibilty for any praise or criticism that comes his way. We are all aware of who we can believe - if there's any doubt in your mind, particularly if it's questioning the commitment or integrity of an individual then best keep it to yourself.

If I’d have missed the game I would have watched the post match interviews to catch up etc and this would have clarified the situation with Marriott. 

Instead, mackworth thought it deserved its own post. 

I would say that he had this thought in his own head and made up the other person bit. 

Some people just need to get a life 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If I’d have missed the game I would have watched the post match interviews to catch up etc and this would have clarified the situation with Marriott. 

Instead, mackworth thought it deserved its own post. 

I would say that he had this thought in his own head and made up the other person bit. 

Some people just need to get a life 

I just asked a simple question on a forum, the first couple of posts back answered my question.

Also if I had wrote that post I would have put a full stop at the end, some people clearly need to seek further education.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Kernow said:

That exact same rumour is going around regarding a certain moderator too. I can't say names because obviously word will spread quicker than the warts themselves but what I can say is that their name sounds quite similar to Roycie.

Didn’t want to say but I did see him at a Lincolnshire coast hotel at the weekend..... why he was there I don’t know 🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Kernow said:

And that's how stupid rumours spread and people gain bad reputations. Whoever told you that has clearly just made it up seeing as he did travel, and painted it in a light that he's a bad or disruptive character.

It was a bull poo twitter rumour started by a jealous red dog .

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just asked a simple question on a forum, the first couple of posts back answered my question.

Also if I had wrote that post I would have put a full stop at the end, some people clearly need to seek further education.

Further education has nothing to do with it. 

Did you really need to start another thread to ask that question, or did your mate ask you to do it? 

Share this post


Link to post

The big problem that marriott is going to have, is that he's one of the the least versatile players that we have. Bennet and Waghorn can play all across the front 3, Lawrence and Wilson can play either side or as a number 10, Jozefzoon can play either side and so on. That leaves Nugent and Marriott as out and out strikers, and there'll at best be room for one in the squad, as you're limiting our options if both are in there (fitness of other plays permitting etc).  And at the moment Nugent is doing a good job and has hold of the shirt.

Share this post


Link to post

A fine line between being made ready and feeling the management have no confidence in me . 

If I was part of a project team and asked to move from the admin role to present and then the following week was told -actually we don't need you to present this week and we've also removed you from the team, the office junior (Bird) is covering your old job-you would be rather concerned where things were heading, 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A fine line between being made ready and feeling the management have no confidence in me . 

If I was part of a project team and asked to move from the admin role to present and then the following week was told -actually we don't need you to present this week and we've also removed you from the team, the office junior (Bird) is covering your old job-you would be rather concerned where things were heading, 

That is a paper-thin analogy.

By the time I got to the end I forgot the point you were trying to make and starting thinking of Max Bird as Tim from The Office and Jack Marriott as Gareth.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.