Jack Marriott

MackworthRamIsGod

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I missed the game yesterday, was Marriott injured?

Someone told me yesterday that he had refused to travel with the squad and stayed at home, which I thought sounded like a load of horse poo.

Who ever told you that put them on your block list.

9285D5D6-ECCE-45C2-B38E-F2A32A347CFD.png

Think he has a good future with us.. I have liked what I have seen but maybe trying a little too hard..

Actually more excited about his signing than Waghorns.. Plenty of options now.. Not sure why he did not get in the squad but I would have him at least on the bench every time..

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I missed the game yesterday, was Marriott injured?

Someone told me yesterday that he had refused to travel with the squad and stayed at home, which I thought sounded like a load of horse poo.

And that's how stupid rumours spread and people gain bad reputations. Whoever told you that has clearly just made it up seeing as he did travel, and painted it in a light that he's a bad or disruptive character.

6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

And that's how stupid rumours spread and people gain bad reputations. Whoever told you that has clearly just made it up seeing as he did travel, and painted it in a light that he's a bad or disruptive character.

Usually it's someone nailing someone's wife. 

If I was going to make a rumour up it would be that he had a bad case of genital warts and could miss up to a month. He's borrowed some cream off Shackell.

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Usually it's someone nailing someone's wife. 

If I was going to make a rumour up it would be that he had a bad case of genital warts and could miss up to a month. He's borrowed some cream off Shackell.

That exact same rumour is going around regarding a certain moderator too. I can't say names because obviously word will spread quicker than the warts themselves but what I can say is that their name sounds quite similar to Roycie.

35 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In these situations the poster needs to decide on the credibility of the rumour / fact / poo stirring and if he puts it forward into the public domain, he should accept responsibilty for any praise or criticism that comes his way. We are all aware of who we can believe - if there's any doubt in your mind, particularly if it's questioning the commitment or integrity of an individual then best keep it to yourself.

Firstly, the person spreading this rumour  on twitter is a Forest fan so if you' ve got a mate who believes that crap then I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Secondly, Steve Nicholson asked Lampard about it yesterday and it's no big deal. Sounds to me like he's behind other players in terms of fitress. He'll get his chance.

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

Maybe Lampard is trying to see how we do without a potential 20+ goal a season man!

He's not got a lot wrong thus far. Jack had a chance to show what he can do in the Hull cup game and failed to impress. Doesn't make him a bad player or a waste of money as it's clear he'll score goals but is he showing enough to get in ahead of Nuge, Waggs or Mason? I don't think he is just yet and clearly neither does Frank. You can't play a guy just because he cost a few quid. He's got to show he's ready. Long old season and he'll be playing and banging in the goals soon enough. We and he just need to be patient.

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

He's not got a lot wrong thus far. Jack had a chance to show what he can do in the Hull cup game and failed to impress. Doesn't make him a bad player or a waste of money as it's clear he'll score goals but is he showing enough to get in ahead of Nuge, Waggs or Mason? I don't think he is just yet and clearly neither does Frank. You can't play a guy just because he cost a few quid. He's got to show he's ready. Long old season and he'll be playing and banging in the goals soon enough. We and he just need to be patient.

A little bit harsh on Marriott there, he got in good positions in the Hull game but didn’t convert his opportunities. Nugent hasn't been prolific either and missed his best chance yesterday. 

I would agree though that he didn't impress enough to get in the matchday squad ahead of other players who are showing more. Sorry if I appear to be splitting hairs! 

I like that we have this fierce competition for places and I think your assessment of Marriott as the season goes on is spot on. He'll eventually replace Nugent and will match his phenomenal work-rate and goals. Exciting times! 

Just now, angieram said:

A little bit harsh on Marriott there, he got in good positions in the Hull game but didn’t convert his opportunities. Nugent hasn't been prolific either and missed his best chance yesterday. 

I would agree though that he didn't impress enough to get in the matchday squad ahead of other players who are showing more. Sorry if I appear to be splitting hairs! 

I like that we have this fierce competition for places and I think your assessment of Marriott as the season goes on is spot on. He'll eventually replace Nugent and will match his phenomenal work-rate and goals. Exciting times! 

I don't think it's harsh Angie. I'm not laying into him, far from it. I've said I'm confident he'll do well. At Hull he got into good positions but was snatching at his chances and I'd put that down to simply trying to hard. It's a big move for the lad and as soon as he settles, the goals will flow. If you asked Jack how he felt he'd done I reckon he'd say pretty much the same himself. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

In these situations the poster needs to decide on the credibility of the rumour / fact / poo stirring and if he puts it forward into the public domain, he should accept responsibilty for any praise or criticism that comes his way. We are all aware of who we can believe - if there's any doubt in your mind, particularly if it's questioning the commitment or integrity of an individual then best keep it to yourself.

If I’d have missed the game I would have watched the post match interviews to catch up etc and this would have clarified the situation with Marriott. 

Instead, mackworth thought it deserved its own post. 

I would say that he had this thought in his own head and made up the other person bit. 

Some people just need to get a life 

34 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If I’d have missed the game I would have watched the post match interviews to catch up etc and this would have clarified the situation with Marriott. 

Instead, mackworth thought it deserved its own post. 

I would say that he had this thought in his own head and made up the other person bit. 

Some people just need to get a life 

I just asked a simple question on a forum, the first couple of posts back answered my question.

Also if I had wrote that post I would have put a full stop at the end, some people clearly need to seek further education.

Archived