Patience from fans...

IlsonDerby

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is this lack of patience?

Online seems ok right now, the initial hype has died down somewhat which isn't a bad thing. You will always get one or two that demand instant success but I doubt those were the same fans which were ready to accept patience might be required this season.

Inside the ground is the same, you have 25k+ fans, some angry with the world that are tanked up and ready to unleash verbal diarrhoea towards anyone that walks across their line of sight.

That's never going to go away, even if we did the Premier League and Champions League double 5 years running they would be foaming at the mouth come Saturday.

Feel like all these calls for patience are not needed and manufacture issues with the fanbase based off the one or twos where common sense is completely wasted.

Things are alright right now, bring on Saturday!

I haven't read all these pages and I'm obviously easily pleased but I didn't think that the support last night was all that bad.  The South Stand I thought did well in keeping the noise going, there were a number of times when most of the ground joined in clapping and supporting and there was no booing at half time even though we hadn't really had a shot on goal and the game had drifted after a bright start. Players coming off/on were given good ovations. And there was a decent crowd in of mostly Rams fans given the cheap alternatives and low attractiveness of the opposition.

Two good goals but not too much excitement and not too much danger from the opposition - a typical  early season EFL game where there's not too much at immediate stake

All in all I thought the fans - barring individual numpties - were supportive and, if not loud all the way through, then OK noisy.

As Frank said, we were "brilliantly patient" and I agree with Frank, and all the brilliant teams are "brilliantly patient" and we will all keep improving on and off the pitch, if we choose to do so. Frank's brilliantly patient. Mel's brilliantly patient. D.C.F.C's brilliantly patient.

As for our fans we are "brilliantly patient".......

3 points on a Tuesday night better than a Happy Christmas!

Up The Rams.

3 hours ago, David said:

Online seems ok right now, the initial hype has died down somewhat which isn't a bad thing. You will always get one or two that demand instant success but I doubt those were the same fans which were ready to accept patience might be required this season.

Inside the ground is the same, you have 25k+ fans, some angry with the world that are tanked up and ready to unleash verbal diarrhoea towards anyone that walks across their line of sight.

That's never going to go away, even if we did the Premier League and Champions League double 5 years running they would be foaming at the mouth come Saturday.

Feel like all these calls for patience are not needed and manufacture issues with the fanbase based off the one or twos where common sense is completely wasted.

It is the usual suspects ..always is. Most of us are fans and unless it is complete garbage we just ooh and rrrrr from time to time with varying degrees of passion and volume but there’s always a “mr and mrs grump-sucking on a lemon”.... You’ll never please them,life long “fans” that they are.  Another characteristic is their ability to find a victim and focus for their ire .. it can be manager, a player an owner or director but there’s one thing for sure, in their world that individual is the source of all life’s woes. .. bah .. all I want is a good game on Saturday and a goal or two to shout about but I’m a bit simple like that. 

3 hours ago, David said:

Nah come on, the chants of ‘attack attack attack’ are arrogant and impatient. Frank wants them going across the back to drag the opposition out of position. 

Also the groans and the ‘get it forwards’ every time a player goes backwards is tedious too. 

Im not suggesting we’re booing David but we’re certainly being impatient. 

I'm going to have to be very patient on Saturday. Today I've won a club dcfc competition for pre match hospitality and match seats in the directors' box. 

I won't be able to chant, sing or wear my Derby top and I've got to dress up! 

Not sure I'll survive without being thrown out but I am hoping the view of the match will be worth it! 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm going to have to be very patient on Saturday. Today I've won a club dcfc competition for pre match hospitality and match seats in the directors' box. 

Not sure I'll survive without being thrown out but I am hoping the view of the match will be worth it! 

Why not?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Good for you angieram. Enjoy. Zap em with how smart you look.

21 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Arrrghhhh it frustrates me so much the ducking groans when we dare not to pass it forward , even though there's no forward pass on. I struggle to think these groaners actually no an ounce about football.

Alternatively I see players who by default take the easy option rather than take a risk:

1. They rarely turn when even when unmarked after receiving ball in midfield
  2. Watch how many times they don't look in the opposite direction to see what is on , instead look for the easy option in the way they are facing
  3. Full backs who don't push up the wing when there is space to receive the ball higher up 

Its confidence , and bravery this I believe is what Lampard is trying to get them to change , thus you get spurts of it in the second half or as in Tuesday for 10 minutes at the start of the match 

49 minutes ago, JG400 said:

Alternatively I see players who by default take the easy option rather than take a risk:

2. Watch how many times they don't look in the opposite direction to see what is on , instead look for the easy option in the way they are facing
  3. Full backs who don't push up the wing when there is space to receive the ball higher up 

Its confidence , and bravery this I believe is what Lampard is trying to get them to change , thus you get spurts of it in the second half or as in Tuesday for 10 minutes at the start of the match 

Not so sure about point 3 but agree on points 1 and 2. All too often the default is to hit the ball immediately back to where it came from. The balance needs to be right. Be patient (the fans and the players) but have greater awareness of their surroundings and consider receiving the ball and doing something meaningful with it instead of hitting it straight back. 

2 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

It took Man City an entire season under pep to become adept at the style of play we are now seeing from them, whilst the above picture is an amazing example of what they are good at, it didn’t happen overnighit 

Agreed, wasn’t suggesting otherwise. As the thread title says: Patience... 

4 hours ago, JG400 said:

None of your points correspond with mine . There was times in Tuesday where there was literally no forward pass , there can't always be a forward pass . I agree in your point though on the look over the shoulder before they receive the ball , then turn that doesn't happen very often , maybe due to the nature of the players involved and how they've previously been thought to play. 

Regarding the full backs , I think we're going to see a new era with Jayden Bogle in the team , he doesn't like to push fully out wide and spread the play he likes to take a more central role and cut inside which brings a whole new dimension to the way we can set up ! That on its own will give you another "forward pass" when playing out from the back whilst also creating space .

4 hours ago, JG400 said:

1. That wasn't the case against Ipswich - Bryson and Mount were pretty much constantly marked

3. If that's a reference to Bogle - He's 18! I like the fact that he's not cocky, does his job competently, doesn't take risks - And makes the occasional dart forwards - Only time will give him the confidence for more - You don't get that in a couple of matches

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Regarding the full backs , I think we're going to see a new era with Jayden Bogle in the team , he doesn't like to push fully out wide and spread the play he likes to take a more central role and cut inside which brings a whole new dimension to the way we can set up ! That on its own will give you another "forward pass" when playing out from the back whilst also creating space .

That's pretty much the way Wisdom plays and Christie before that - They'd go both outside and inside - But given the chance they both preferred a run in towards the box than heading for the byline

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Agree with the sentiments, glad most are seeing sense. It’s all about giving players enough passing options. 

Frank needs to stick this up on the wall of the dressing room. 

38DE0F4B-D137-42C5-9FD2-0D0CE1DAD039.jpeg

Sorry if this is just a positive thread for patience. But these Man City players above are technically better international standard players than what we have at our disposal. Not many sides have passed there way out of this league and it’s a behave stance. If we’re 12th at Christmas will the majority still have patience?

Archived