Bookies title odds

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Before the start of the season we were the 9th favourites to win the title on SkyBet at 15/1

After one win, we are now the joint second favourites and have come in to 9/1

Looks like we’re not the only ones with Frankie Fever...

That's ridiculous. Obviously bookies watch results, not matches. 

Bookies rarely lose so when punters put a lot of money on they automatically lower the odds to encourage you to place your money somewhere else. They set the odds initially using well known algorithms, but punters, particularly footy fans) use emotion rather than logic.

Before you place your bets, ask yourselves how betting companies can afford to be the main sponsors of the vast majority of Championship clubs. It really is a mug's game and causes far too much poverty, anxiety and heartbreak. I am not trying to be a sanctimonious twit but I have seen the problems that gambling addiction can cause.

10 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Before you place your bets, ask yourselves how betting companies can afford to be the main sponsors of the vast majority of Championship clubs. It really is a mug's game and causes far too much poverty, anxiety and heartbreak. I am not trying to be a sanctimonious twit but I have seen the problems that gambling addiction can cause.

I placed a bet fully aware that I will probably lose my £s and that said bookmaker will be a bit richer. 

However does that mean I should worry about the person's who are addicted and constantly chase their next win! No it doesn't. I'm sorry but people have to take responsibility for their own misgivings not blame someone or something.

I saw that yesterday that we had come in from 12s and 14's with some bookies to 9/1 but can still get us at 14/1 in some places

I got a price boost from Will Hill from 14 to 15.3/1 that offer was still on there a few hours ago

18 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Did you bet £1000 or something?

£65 quid.

The cash out is now down to £84, and we've drifted a point in the Skybet market from this morning, while a few teams have gotten shorter.

Archived