Is it just me?

Tommy P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Doodle said:

To be fair the majority are very pleasant, some are very slow but wouldn’t say incompetent. They are probably just putting the effort in they feel their pay deserves. For the past 15/20 years kids have struggled with maths without a calculator. When I was young you could go into a pub. Order 3 or 4 drinks and the young man or lady would put the last one down and ask you for the required amount. With automation of tills and computers/ calculators at school etc  they struggle to add 2 together 

The lady in greggs at PP yesterday had to use the onboard till calculator to work out how much 2 x 95p sausage rolls amounted to after a young lad asked if he had enough money for two.

It was astonishing. Hopefully she was just having a brain fart. 

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Queue jumpers aren’t really a problem for me, this season, like last, I’m going to get up around 5 mins before half time, enjoy my drink, watch others get heated if the system don’t work, chat to my Uttoxeter buddies,( as they spend far longer in the concourse) go toilet and get back in my seat at least a minute after the second half starts..... Forest match excluded.

Some people get far too excitable over nothing. ?

And then leave around 85 minutes to beat the rush?

5 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Harsh but true, a smile can go a long way too!

Miserable sods!

Works both ways.

Would take a lot of training to prepare young minimum wage workers who have never been a football match to chain serve dozens of Derby fans. Especially if they’re grumpy and we’re losing.

You see miserable sods, I see rabbits in the headlights! Opinions.

While we are at it, can we have a local brewery make a Derby County beer which they can sell in the ground (for let’s say...£3.50) and the surrounding areas?

Theres enough good local breweries and other teams make a success of it. Just...do it

6 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

While we are at it, can we have a local brewery make a Derby County beer which they can sell in the ground (for let’s say...£3.50) and the surrounding areas?

Theres enough good local breweries and other teams make a success of it. Just...do it

too many Manure, Liverpool and Barca fans in Derby?  Seriously would you ever drink a pint of forest no matter how good or cheap it was.  Sorry if I've made anybody feel sick at the thought

5 hours ago, Tommy P said:

Is it just me or does anybody think that pre match and half time catering at dcfc is run by a bunch of incompetent kids. It takes forever to get e pie and a pint. Surely they must do better

Quite right.

Anybody in the south stand will have noticed the difference in speed between the vendors in the ground and the privately ran burger van outside. The queue at the burger van moved at twice the speed as the staff were practically shouting at the customers to get a move on during half-time. Nobody minded as they want to get served as quickly as possible and get back for the second half. The difference in speed was staggering. I don't think they are there anymore though.

It always surprised me that people at DCFC or the in-ground contractors hadn't spotted this. Not only do fewer people get served but fewer people even attempt to queue in the first place as it takes so long.

4 hours ago, Ramchop said:

Last season they did a cheese and onion pie and of the maybe 3 or 4 times I ordered a pie and a pint, I received a chicken balti pie at least twice

This season, the veggie option is....vegetable curry pie. Hoping that us veggies don't notice the incompentance? 

I ordered 2 pints of carling and a balti pie and got 2 ciders in bottles and a steak pie WTF.

They put the order right in the end

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

And then leave around 85 minutes to beat the rush?

Sometimes, mainly at night matches on around 88 minutes if I’m trying to get to the pub or beat traffic to get to an hotel.

Depends on what I’m sat watching and if the pair at the side have pee’d me off “sledging” the team all game!

Then yeah I reckon it’s fair game I do the same to them in our beautiful free country.

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

too many Manure, Liverpool and Barca fans in Derby?  Seriously would you ever drink a pint of forest no matter how good or cheap it was.  Sorry if I've made anybody feel sick at the thought

I’ve drank the Sheff Weds one, a mate who’s a STH there reckons they sell it cheap on the concourses and it gets people to the grounds earlier and most will be drinking it. You don’t need vast quantities, sell it at the ground and see if people buy it first. Put a cask at every kiosk to begin with, if it sells out week 1, our two there the next week etc.

The pies are generally filled with molten lave and a couple of pea sized pieces of magma thrown in as a meat substitute that quite often shoots out of every part of the pie other than the bit that is in your mouth causing third degree burns to your face and hands and a stain on your top that even after 50 washes is still as bright,  and the pints taste of something akin to dirty rain water that has been put through a soda stream, if you where in a pub you would not put up with the quality but you're not, you are at a football match that will be over in 45 minutes time so do yourself a favour and stay in your seat and be entertained by the plethora of entertainment that is laid on or should I say not laid on ?

Archived