Todays Training Photo's

DCFC1388

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Given the title, this thread is hardly overflowing with photos.

Here's the best ones

Forsyth upon hearing Lowe still hasn't got injured

174c39f3449b9e0a365b541628f85a72.png

Vydra thinking about all the extra stuff he could do with 50k a week

0d9fb82e89e01b3f380d3fcf0d29b6ac.png

Frank said, "oi, Jody! Gee us an impression of Steve Bruce!"

34d029a00542a57e5dadbda64fa88894.png

Frank upon seeing Jody's impression

0d08fa418c1ae3f2970e273fd972868e.png

Luke Thomas hearing the 'he's one of our own' chant has gone to his head and he's now trying to get rid of Johnson by breaking his ankle to please some of the fans

56b45f9d51b03227e5d4a4bb2e1ddad9.png

And finally - Lampard pondering who he'll sign next season in the Premiership

83c40ab17f51c24fa6a1e2293c0bfc73.png

2 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

A few players missing from todays training photo's -

Huddlestone

Anya

Martin

Butterfield

Hanson

Blackman

Thorne

Carson

Has anyone seen Butterfield since the u23s match vs Villa? Wasnt at the open training session or photo'd at Saturdays match like other players (Thorne, Vydra, Anya)

Also, considering the size of the squad Jody Morris still had to join in.

Anyone else not on there that I didnt list?

Huddlestone is injured. Martin is still recovering. 

There's no particular known reason why any of the others are missing. Carson is probably just down to the fact that some days the GKs dont really get involved with the outfield lads. If the outfield players need someone to shoot past on those days the backup keepers get used while the starter GK focuses on their own training regime.

2 hours ago, BondJovi said:

No Elsnik either. Seeing as he went on the trip with the squad at the start of pre-season.

I suspect most of that list are either injured or training with the U23s with a view to playing in tomorrows match. If they aren't injured (or building up fitness) then I suspect they have no future here.

I think Elsnik's been reduced back down to the U23s. Which is disappointing to me, but understandable with the strength in depth we have in his position.

He might return to training with the first team if more midfielders get moved on. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Saw somewhere on here that he was in Luton at the weekend so maybe a loan lined up.

Yes, I  saw that. It was posted on Instagram with cartoons of wild animals. I think that he might have been at a safari park. 

Johnson must be good in training to still be about, frank seems to like him as well. It would be nice if he had a Norwich kind of season, but I can't see it. All this stick that butterfield and Blackman get, but johnson consistently puts in poor performances. I can't  recall many good performances from him, I have zero confidence in him coming on and doing a job. Just my opinion though, I know he has fans on here for whatever reason.

Good to see Vydra and Marriott mixing it with the other players. Really strengthens our options. 

As with everyone else, if Elsnik has a knock and that's the reason he's vanished, that's OK. A loan, eg to Luton, isn't the worst thing in the world, but if you're good enough, you're old enough. Look at Mount. I reckon Elsnik is good enough too. 

As for Butterfield, his missus was expecting so it's just possible he's been given time off for that. But I don't know what stage she's at. 

Can't wait for the season to start now. 

4 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

Johnson must be good in training to still be about, frank seems to like him as well. It would be nice if he had a Norwich kind of season, but I can't see it. All this stick that butterfield and Blackman get, but johnson consistently puts in poor performances. I can't  recall many good performances from him, I have zero confidence in him coming on and doing a job. Just my opinion though, I know he has fans on here for whatever reason.

We’ve moved on from Johnson big time. 

He can go for me. I’m surprised people didn’t give him more stick for calling us Derby City. 

Can we all stop moaning please. Whether thats about johnno, butters, blackman or whoever. There's a feelgood feeling and i'd quite like to enjoy that for a while.

issues with these players are old news. 

Happy days are here again....

14 hours ago, Topram said:

I think Huddlestone may be out the door

I really hope not. I think he’s good enough to play in most systems and was the heartbeat of the side last year for me. 

But he hasn’t really featured that much in the pre-season games so either he’s a shoe-in (unlikely given that there was talk of giving everyone game time) or he’s on his way. That’d be a shame - I like the fella. 

8 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

I’m struggling to think of when he’s had a bad game tbh. 

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Can we all stop moaning please. Whether thats about johnno, butters, blackman or whoever. There's a feelgood feeling and i'd quite like to enjoy that for a while.

issues with these players are old news. 

Happy days are here again....

Some fans just can't help themselves - think they're clever by criticising individual players. Looks like it's Fozzys' turn to be the scapegoat.

5 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

We’ve moved on from Johnson big time. 

He can go for me. I’m surprised people didn’t give him more stick for calling us Derby City. 

I'd keep him around as backup to Bryson - Maybe give us a bit more bite on occassion

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Agreed - I have faith (maybe misguided) that Lampard can get the best out of anyone this season...

31 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

I still think that flytipping Blackman on the side of the A6 is the best option...

...Even him - He's tall - Can see him arriving late into the box from the right wing and banging in 89th minute headers from Lawrence/Wilson pinpoint crosses - Impact sub

(maybe...)

Archived