Huddlestone

Anya

Martin

Butterfield

Hanson

Blackman

Thorne

Carson

Has anyone seen Butterfield since the u23s match vs Villa? Wasnt at the open training session or photo'd at Saturdays match like other players (Thorne, Vydra, Anya)

Also, considering the size of the squad Jody Morris still had to join in.

Anyone else not on there that I didnt list?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

A few players missing from todays training photo's -

Huddlestone

Anya

Martin

Butterfield

Hanson

Blackman

Thorne

Carson

Has anyone seen Butterfield since the u23s match vs Villa? Wasnt at the open training session or photo'd at Saturdays match like other players (Thorne, Vydra, Anya)

Would be great to move them all on bar Carson

No Elsnik either. Seeing as he went on the trip with the squad at the start of pre-season.

I suspect most of that list are either injured or training with the U23s with a view to playing in tomorrows match. If they aren't injured (or building up fitness) then I suspect they have no future here.

6 minutes ago, Topram said:

I think Huddlestone may be out the door

I think you could be right because he’s in the last year of his contract and a couple of people on here in the last few days have said that Rowett wants Huddlestone. Could be wise cashing in, I’ve seen figures of 3 million stated.

14 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

No Elsnik either. Seeing as he went on the trip with the squad at the start of pre-season.

I suspect most of that list are either injured or training with the U23s with a view to playing in tomorrows match. If they aren't injured (or building up fitness) then I suspect they have no future here.

Elsnik wasnt with the u23 team in the Steve Bloomer trophy match either

37 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

A few players missing from todays training photo's -

Huddlestone

Anya

Martin

Butterfield

Hanson

Blackman

Thorne

Carson

I presume Martin may be on his 1 on 1 training still, certainly wasn’t considered to be in the fold until the season started anyway i don’t think? Potentially some truth in Throne with that too, get the feeling that our current managerial setup want players to be 100% before being involved so it could just be a case of getting players up to fitness.

I’m sure it’s not the case for all, and even the two I’ve mentioned could be finding new clubs, but wouldn’t surprise me to hear quite a few of these have little strains and stuff like that is all. Just some balance 

15 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I presume Martin may be on his 1 on 1 training still, certainly wasn’t considered to be in the fold until the season started anyway i don’t think? Potentially some truth in Throne with that too, get the feeling that our current managerial setup want players to be 100% before being involved so it could just be a case of getting players up to fitness.

I’m sure it’s not the case for all, and even the two I’ve mentioned could be finding new clubs, but wouldn’t surprise me to hear quite a few of these have little strains and stuff like that is all. Just some balance 

I did think that but both Thorne & Martin have played preseason matches whereas Vydra hasnt but Vydra is photo'd in the running drills

51 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I did think that but both Thorne & Martin have played preseason matches whereas Vydra hasnt but Vydra is photo'd in the running drills

Martin’s felt like a pure fitness run out though and it’s hard to ever be sure with Thorne.

Point is, yes you’d think it’s likely most of these players will be leaving but to go on who isn’t/is in training photos can’t tell us much unless we know all these players are 100% fit 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

just go to DCFC's website and scroll down mate, should be the first thing there

4584f361cc5830730f4f36a874806d81.png

Cheers.

I clicked on the News/Latest News drop down menu and that doesn't show, but it does on the main front page!

Archived