Charles Vernam - Signed for Great Grimsby Town for an undisclosed fee

Day

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sage said:

Is it? Bakewell and the surrounding villages are pretty expensive.

Cheaper if you just want to go and walk or have a drive about. Went from Weaver right across Manifold Valley through to Chatsworth and pub lunch at The Crispin in Great Longstone. 

Then an ice cream stop at Hartington on the way back to Ashbourne. Not a bad day out or too expensive. Highly recommend the grub at The Crispin if any of you get up that way. 

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Grimsby's statement says they have beaten other clubs to sign him and some League 1 teams were interested so hopefully that meant we go a bit more money for him.

Any indication anywhere of how much we got?

We'll probably never know!

I highly doubt it's more than say £100k + a sell-on %

Had high hopes for the lad, trials at AC and was chased by quite a few Prem sides before he joined us.

Looked a player in the youth team, struggled at Coventry for games,much like Rawson and never really looked like tpushijg towards the first team, same goes for Zanzala who I think will be next to leave.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Grimsby's statement says they have beaten other clubs to sign him and some League 1 teams were interested so hopefully that meant we go a bit more money for him.

Any indication anywhere of how much we got?

Although as Vernam has mentioned before that he has family towards that end, so more of a personal thing I think. Don't think the money would have been too much more.

Nice to see that he is willing to drop a level to prove himself. 

Archived