Charles Vernam - Signed for Great Grimsby Town for an undisclosed fee

David

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Just pointing out that he may not have played in the league cup but did in the FA Cup. 

Seemed to me that whenever it was close for him to make the step up he got injured and that set him back. 

It's mental, that can apply for so many of our younger talent. Lowe, Bennett, Zanzala, Mcallister, Vernam and even Elsnik at Swindon to an extent. What have they doing to them in training? 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, angieram said:

In defense of Cleethorpes we stayed there twice last year and quite enjoyed it! 

I can refute that Angie... Went to my Nan's funeral in Cleethorpes back in Feb and thought it was one of the worst places I've ever seen in Western Europe. Quite scary... 

3 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I can refute that Angie... Went to my Nan's funeral in Cleethorpes back in Feb and thought it was one of the worst places I've ever seen in Western Europe. Quite scary... 

There’s a man that’s never been to Normanton, Alvaston or Belper!

Just now, StockholmRam said:

On the contrary... My Derby Grandads shop was in Normanton. 

Mate...Cleethorpes Rd, around Blundell Park area...come on now. 

Cleethorpes is more than one road and if that’s the worse you’ve seen, you need to see more of the country! Hull and going into Liverpool make Cleethorpes Road look like a tropical paradise

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

It's mental, that can apply for so many of our younger talent. Lowe, Bennett, Zanzala, Mcallister, Vernam and even Elsnik at Swindon to an extent. What have they doing to them in training? 

Then, going back further Miles Addison and Giles Barns. Even Will Hughes lost nearly a season to injury 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Cleethorpes is more than one road and if that’s the worse you’ve seen, you need to see more of the country! Hull and going into Liverpool make Cleethorpes Road look like a tropical paradise

I've recently done Stoke ( don't ask) and that was quite bad. 

Prefer to spend my UK visits these days swanning around the Peak District and fab Derbyshire pubs. 

Do you know Arthur Street area of Grimsby? Just off Corporation Road. My mum and her 8 siblings were raised there. 

34 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Vernam is a local lad to East Lincs/ Humberside area I think. Saw him on a Rams TV interview catching up with him at The Mariners and he said it was great having family close by.  I'm sure he will do pretty well for them. 

Went through the Scunthorpe youf teams, so wouldn't be a surprise.

2 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I've recently done Stoke ( don't ask) and that was quite bad. 

Prefer to spend my UK visits these days swanning around the Peak District and fab Derbyshire pubs. 

Do you know Arthur Street area of Grimsby? Just off Corporation Road. My mum and her 8 siblings were raised there. 

Of course not everyone has the economic capacity to choose where they live or spend their social time. There are run down parts of most towns and cities in the UK, usually populated by the poorest people. I just don't like to hear people putting them down because they have better options. 

I work with a load of middle class people who are paid large amounts of money to tell those people that can't afford what they can how to improve their lot. They piss me off.

And I still had two nice breaks in Cleethorpes last year. It was clean, sunny and people were friendly. What's not to like? 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Of course not everyone has the economic capacity to choose where they live or spend their social time. There are run down parts of most towns and cities in the UK, usually populated by the poorest people. I just don't like to hear people putting them down because they have better options. 

I work with a load of middle class people who are paid large amounts of money to tell those people that can't afford what they can how to improve their lot. They piss me off.

And I still had two nice breaks in Cleethorpes last year. It was clean, sunny and people were friendly. What's not to like? 

Angie... Apologies if you have been offended by my post. I certainly did not set out in anything other than a tongue in cheek throw away remark. 

My family are from Corporation Rd area of Grimsby by the docks and t,other half are from Perth Street next to the Rocket up on Breadsall Hilltop. 

42 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Angie... Apologies if you have been offended by my post. I certainly did not set out in anything other than a tongue in cheek throw away remark. 

My family are from Corporation Rd area of Grimsby by the docks and t,other half are from Perth Street next to the Rocket up on Breadsall Hilltop. 

Been there a few times for a bottle of pop with Dad and me brother. Went up from Breadsall Village, opposite the school.

49 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Mine are from Chad just off Perth Street, now I live in the South and work in London as a total Banker 

to be serious though, I am lucky enough to earn a decent wage but I have never forgotten where I come from and make sure my family (who still live in Chad) benefit from my luck

anyway lets get back to the football 

I think the Rocket has gone now 

6 hours ago, angieram said:

@angieram it's just about winding @David up and vice versa.

Archived