Charles Vernam - Signed for Great Grimsby Town for an undisclosed fee

David

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

21 now. Hasn't broken through to the first team squad for training let alone a League Cup appearance... So makes sense. 

Always had hopes for him, since the stories of trials with Milan as a 15 year old... But looks like it's not to be. 

Does an FA Cup appearance not count? 

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

Does an FA Cup appearance not count? 

To be fair, the breaking through into first team training is more the relevant part. Training with the first team is the most important part, usually.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair, the breaking through into first team training is more the relevant part. Training with the first team is the most important part, usually.

Just pointing out that he may not have played in the league cup but did in the FA Cup. 

Seemed to me that whenever it was close for him to make the step up he got injured and that set him back. 

Just now, rynny said:

Just pointing out that he may not have played in the league cup but did in the FA Cup. 

Seemed to me that whenever it was close for him to make the step up he got injured and that set him back. 

He did. 

I still think ability wise he was a way off. 

Thats the downside of loaning in other clubs young players. 

Ours might have to leave to develop their careers. Would like to have seen him get a chance.

I'd rather he came on as sub than bradders. No disrespect to bradders, but the time has come for the 'babes' to break through en masse.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

Thats the downside of loaning in other clubs young players. 

Ours might have to leave to develop their careers. Would like to have seen him get a chance.

I'd rather he came on as sub than bradders. No disrespect to bradders, but the time has come for the 'babes' to break through en masse.

Let's be honest though, Mount & Wilson are a different class to Vernam, their arrivals haven't really halted his development...

4 minutes ago, sage said:

This is a real shame as he has bags of ability. Just have progressed much over the last 2 year's.

It will be devastating for him.

Having to live in Grimsby...

Grimsby Town play In Cleethorpes and train in a village called Waltham which is just outside Grimsby. Wouldn’t need it step foot in Grimsby. 

Always happy to educate you Sage ?

14 minutes ago, David said:

Grimsby Town play In Cleethorpes and train in a village called Waltham which is just outside Grimsby. Wouldn’t need it step foot in Grimsby. 

Always happy to educate you Sage ?

I am aware Grimsby play in Cleethorpes. 

However distinguishing the two is like drawing comparison between the main dog turd and the skid mark where someone has stepped in it.

Always happy to to educate you too David?

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

No surprise, really. It could be worthwhile throwing in a buy-back clause if he's a massive success, but it's not the end of the world if they don't go for it. He'll hopefully be able to make his mark in League 2. 

I imagine a small fee with a sell on clause will be the order of the day.

Archived