least funny 'comedian'

dog

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

That's interesting as I've thought about seeing him before and Stewart Lee is pretty much god. 

Bear in mind it was just one show, so it may just not have been to my taste or could've gone over my head, but Brigstocke came across as the version of Stewart Lee that angry right wing columnists complain about when they deliberately take quotes from Lee's shows out of context. Brigstocke would love to be Stewart Lee. He got the angry and sardonic bit right, but completely failed to add any of the nuance and self awareness.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Henning Wehn - proof as if it were needed that Germans simply aren't funny. 

he's fuggin hilarious! Seriously funny, almost as if he isn't German!

9 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Milton Jones, Gary Delaney, Stewart Francis, Tim Vine and all those other pun-meisters. Funny for about three minutes.

Jo Brand (substitute Sarah Millican for the same) - every single joke be about cake, being overweight or being less than perfect looking.

Chris Rock - if white guys said what he said, about other races or even black people, they'd get crucified in the media.

you seem like someone who just doesn't like comedy!

4 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I've never got Stewart Lee, my mates love him, I just don't get him.

Not to everyone's taste but the episode of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle where he's at Oxford with David Cameron, booking the acts for the college ball, is one of the finest and cleverest comedy shows I've ever watched. 

But I adore Tim Vine too! 

I've tried and tried to attempt to like a female stand-up comedian. But I can't.

Sarah Millican. Period joke, willy joke, weight joke. Repeat. And nearly all of others follow the same pattern. Mock the Week are trying their best to promote female comedians but they just aren't funny. 

Worse than any other female comedian though is Nish Kumar. The new number one seat filler on all these panel shows. Can't watch a show when he's on it. 

Thinking about it, I don't like the new breed of comedians nowadays. Just all generic, no personalities. No charisma. 

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

notice the females are getting a bashing. I find Shappi Khorshandi amusing, Katherine Ryan is hilarious (and gorgeous), and I sometimes find Nina Conte (ventriloquist amusing)

This must be some strange usage of the word "gorgeous" of which I was previously unaware.

When she was just starting out Shappi Khorsandi played a tiny club at the end of my road (maybe 15 of us there) and she made me get up on stage, kneel and propose marriage!

And for @Boycie, no I didn't!

6 hours ago, Moist One said:

notice the females are getting a bashing. I find Shappi Khorshandi amusing, Katherine Ryan is hilarious (and gorgeous), and I sometimes find Nina Conte (ventriloquist amusing)

Nina Conte is, for me, a one trick pony. Katherine Ryan I agree, Joan Rivers was ground breaking and consistently right on the edge till the end, Sara Pascoe is as raw and open as they come. Jenny Eclair, Zoe Lyons - all worth the entrance fee. But there are just less female comedians - Sara Pascoe suggests it's because of it rquiring lots of very late nights alone getting too and from clubs. I think there are more deeply entrenched reasons but it is one I guess.

To your earlier point - Stewart Lee is the comedy version of (ironically, as he is a life long fan of) The Fall or Joy Division. At first listen it's hard work but the more you listen the more the layers emerge.

Oh, and one more to put on the pile of awful - Reeves and Mortimer. Funny for a couple of years but now reduced to saying random babblings in the vain attempt they will hit some sort of comedic bullseye.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Nina Conte is, for me, a one trick pony. Katherine Ryan I agree, Joan Rivers was ground breaking and consistently right on the edge till the end, Sara Pascoe is as raw and open as they come. Jenny Eclair, Zoe Lyons - all worth the entrance fee. But there are just less female comedians - Sara Pascoe suggests it's because of it rquiring lots of very late nights alone getting too and from clubs. I think there are more deeply entrenched reasons but it is one I guess.

To your earlier point - Stewart Lee is the comedy version of (ironically, as he is a life long fan of) The Fall or Joy Division. At first listen it's hard work but the more you listen the more the layers emerge.

Oh, and one more to put on the pile of awful - Reeves and Mortimer. Funny for a couple of years but now reduced to saying random babblings in the vain attempt they will hit some sort of comedic bullseye.

I agree with everything bar the final paragraph. Yes, House of Fools was crap, but Bob's Athletico Mince podcast is brilliant.

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I just don't get this. Comedy is so subjective that there's no good or bad. 

If you don't like a particular act it doesn't mean they aren't funny. You might as well ask which fruits are the worst. 

Water melon. Just watery pap. And seed. 

So many, in fact most on telly nowadays. However Vic and Bob have to be the least funny of all time, they are the ultimate in unfunnyness. 

29 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I just don't get this. Comedy is so subjective that there's no good or bad. 

If you don't like a particular act it doesn't mean they aren't funny. You might as well ask which fruits are the worst. 

No need to go bananas about it.

Archived