v Southampton (H) Match Thread

2 hours ago, CamsChorizo said:

In from the States. Going to my first Derby match ever. My wife and I are so excited. Any suggestions on pubs to hit up before/after the match? Thanks!

COYR!

You know they do not wear helmets and padding, right. The ball is spherical. 

Only joking. ??

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/07/2018 at 14:46, archram said:

Really excited about this as I’m taking my 6year old great granddaughter to her 1st. match!

Her dad ( my grandson-in-law) is a Liverpool ‘fan’ though never seen them live - I’m playing it cool and saying I don’t care who she supports ( fibber) as long as she sees live football and doesn’t think it’s a tv programme. Guess which team she’ll see more often!!

So, my dad, me, my sons, my granddaughters, my great granddaughter- and the bloke next door told my dad he was daft, taking a girl to football!!

It will be great fun and the fact that you are taking your granddaughter for the first time too. It's special. We took two of our grandkids to their first match against Millwall last year. The eldest is not into sport but he was amazed with the size of stadium and crowd and kept asking grandma questions. We won 3-0. Not long after their dad took them to see Raith Rovers. they won 3-0 too. They think every game finishes 3-0. Have a great time. Sure you will

Carson

Bogle     Wisdom         Davies        Lowe

Huddlestone    

Mount                      Johnson 

Wilson                                       Lawrence 

Jerome 

10 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

Looking forward to this game today .

See the new players 

A new season and some new positivity? 

That's the spirit!

Possibly see some of our kids who have been doing OK against L2 opposition - see how they get on against a higher standard. 

Check back in and let us know how the style of play compares mate ?

After the Mansfield debacle, we definitely need a smaller focus group with an eye on the Reading game. 

At this stage, I'd personally go for: 
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Bryson, Mount; Lawrence, Wilson, Jerome.
Subs: Mitchell; Bogle, Pearce, Lowe; Ledley, Thorne, Johnson; Jozefzoon, Thomas, Bennett; Nugent

The times of players can be performance dependant. I'd imagine one of Thomas & Bennett will be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

After the Mansfield debacle, we definitely need a smaller focus group with an eye on the Reading game. 

At this stage, I'd personally go for: 
Carson; Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Huddlestone, Bryson, Mount; Lawrence, Wilson, Jerome.
Subs: Mitchell; Bogle, Pearce, Lowe; Ledley, Thorne, Johnson; Jozefzoon, Thomas, Bennett; Nugent

The times of players can be performance dependant. I'd imagine one of Thomas & Bennett will be disappointed. 

I might be tempted to start Bennett up front as a striker...power and pace...and 2 goals in 2 games...maybe as a “false number 9”. 

14 hours ago, CamsChorizo said:

In from the States. Going to my first Derby match ever. My wife and I are so excited. Any suggestions on pubs to hit up before/after the match? Thanks!

COYR!

Remember there are no “time-outs” in this game. #awesome #soccer ?

14 hours ago, CamsChorizo said:

COYR!

The Brunswick just down from the train station is a proper pre-match pint pub. 

Would love to see this today first half 

Carson Bogle wisdom Davies Forsyth Huddlestone Bryson mount Wilson Thomas Nugent

second half

Carson bogle keogh Davies Lowe Thorne mount butterfield Lawrence  jozefzoon Jerome 

then bring on Johnson for mount about 70, Pearce for Davies 

Honestly starting to think with the pacey attacking options we now have that Martin if he was fit would suit this side. 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I might be tempted to start Bennett up front as a striker...power and pace...and 2 goals in 2 games...maybe as a “false number 9”. 

Could Bennett be the new Dean Sturridge? Similar build with similar upper body strength and bags of pace ??‍♂️????

Just putting it out there as a thought ?

Archived