First WOW factor signings for a good few years?

Boycie

03/2017 at 03:02, Ninos said:

Martin won't survive Rowett sorry. Rowett expects his players to outwork and outrun their opponent ala Klopp at Dortmund. (He's a known admirer). He's also respected as a tactician, and was he not the architect of the rise of Burton Albion? Intimately familiar with the 5-3-2 of jim smith too if memory serves.  He built styles of play to suit his players and adjusted his formation based on opponent, and players are drilled to know how to handle various situations in the game. Vydra Johnson Hughes Bryson Russell should thrive under GR. 

Not saying he's the answer but he represents a really good possibility : a tactician, motivator, who studies his opposition diligently. All things Mcclaren was not. He's a positive choice but this will be his biggest challenge and he's going to have to find a preferred team quickly. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you'd rather keep Nugent & Jerome than one of the most intelligent footballers at the club? Just what has Martin done wrong that so many hate him ffs.

Edit: good to see you still hate Martin @Ninos

I don’t hate Martin at all. Actually one of his biggest fans and wanted him to reach 100 goals for derby. Just feel his time is up. If he stays and starts scoring again I’ll be delighted. 

18 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Not really. Jerome is average at best, Nuge decent.  I’d sell Jerome. Your ostrich like love for this forgotten guy given he’s done nothing in forever is mind boggling. Between him and Butterfield you have the most useless two players to don the uniform since Derek Hales ... ? unfortunately it will be very hard to move either player they’re that bad. Again how any fan still has faith in either is a mystery. 

Some things never change! At least you're consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Some things never change! At least you're consistent. 

And I’ve been insistent on getting Thomas in there too ...

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:
On 12/03/2017 at 20:02, Ninos said:

Martin won't survive Rowett sorry. Rowett expects his players to outwork and outrun their opponent ala Klopp at Dortmund. (He's a known admirer). He's also respected as a tactician, and was he not the architect of the rise of Burton Albion? Intimately familiar with the 5-3-2 of jim smith too if memory serves.  He built styles of play to suit his players and adjusted his formation based on opponent, and players are drilled to know how to handle various situations in the game. Vydra Johnson Hughes Bryson Russell should thrive under GR. 

Not saying he's the answer but he represents a really good possibility : a tactician, motivator, who studies his opposition diligently. All things Mcclaren was not. He's a positive choice but this will be his biggest challenge and he's going to have to find a preferred team quickly. 

Rowett turned to the old guard andnegative football when the going got tough. I underestimated what a loser he would be - but no worse than Mcclaren and Clement ... and Martin still hasn’t played a game for us since Rowett was hired has he?

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

And I’ve been insistent on getting Thomas in there too ...

Rowett turned to the old guard andnegative football when the going got tough. I underestimated what a loser he would be - but no worse than Mcclaren and Clement ... and Martin still hasn’t played a game for us since Rowett was hired has he?

No he didn't fit Rowett's various formation and tactics to suit any situation. 

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:
On 13/03/2017 at 03:02, Ninos said:

Can we have a summary of our Frank, Ninos?

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

Not really. Jerome is average at best, Nuge decent.  I’d sell Jerome. Your ostrich like love for this forgotten guy given he’s done nothing in forever is mind boggling. Between him and Butterfield you have the most useless two players to don the uniform since Derek Hales ... ? unfortunately it will be very hard to move either player they’re that bad. Again how any fan still has faith in either is a mystery. 

I wouldn't argue that Martin should stay now but guess  you never actually saw Derek Hales   ... cos otherwise you would know the stupidity of the comparison you are making . Your hate has removed your intelligence filter.

3 minutes ago, DRBee said:

I wouldn't argue that Martin should stay now but guess  you never actually saw Derek Hales   ... cos otherwise you would know the stupidity of the comparison you are making . Your hate has removed your intelligence filter.

I like your last sentence as it’s sort of poetic. 

DH Recognised as a prolific scorer the season before then brought in for a lot of money and did squat then disappeared the next ... it seemed a very intelligent analogy at the time. ?

14 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I like your last sentence as it’s sort of poetic. 

DH Recognised as a prolific scorer the season before then brought in for a lot of money and did squat then disappeared the next ... it seemed a very intelligent analogy at the time. ?

Hales was such a strange one. We paid a hefty fee for him for those times. His goal scoring record at Charlton Athletic was 1 in 2 games or just slightly above. Certainly the prolific scorer a club needing a goal scorer would take a chance on. He was awful for us. Only played about 20 games. His confidence was shot to bits by game 10 and anyone who saw him play for us knew he wasn't going to be the new Kevin Hector for sure..

He went back down south ( West Ham?? Can't remember, but think it was them) and a couple of seasons later he is back at Charlton scoring for fun again. 

Ive a theory on some players ( Joe Cole springs to mind). It's not a particularly well developed theory, but I just reckon some are suited to a city, county or even manager.  The minute Liverpool signed Cole my instinct was " hmm, him out of London...doubt that"! 

Hales looks to have been one of those one club types. 

40 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If this man was on fire, I'd still go to the toilet. 

Oh no, I hated that he was our manager, couldn’t stick him and glad he’s gone but I don’t wish him any I’ll will, he’s moved on, I’ve moved on, happy days. 

I’ll have a laugh at his expense when the opportunity arises mind. ?

17 hours ago, Ninos said:

Martin: the most useless player to don the uniform. Top scorer 2 seasons running, including one where we were a Zamora away from promotion. 

He may be useless now, that is something that can be debated, but your stdtfndbtvimplies he was always useless, which he blatantly wasn’t. 

And comparisins to Hale are daft. Hale: free scoring at Charlton, we signed him, then all of a sudden, useless. 

Martin: not exactly pulling trees up at Norwich, didn’t even massively impress in loan to us. Then signs and becomes top scorer two seasons running. But do go on about how it’s a clever comparison. 

Its like you have a complete mental blank spot for any goals he ever scored. That sort of selective amnesia can be a symptom of something serious, you should probably get a check up. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Martin: the most useless player to don the uniform. Top scorer 2 seasons running, including one where we were a Zamora away from promotion. 

He may be useless now, that is something that can be debated, but your stdtfndbtvimplies he was always useless, which he blatantly wasn’t. 

And comparisins to Hale are daft. Hale: free scoring at Charlton, we signed him, then all of a sudden, useless. 

Martin: not exactly pulling trees up at Norwich, didn’t even massively impress in loan to us. Then signs and becomes top scorer two seasons running. But do go on about how it’s a clever comparison. 

Its like you have a complete mental blank spot for any goals he ever scored. That sort of selective amnesia can be a symptom of something serious, you should probably get a check up. 

Minor correction Martin was our top scorer for three seasons running.

50 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Am I the only one who thinks Lawrence, Mount and Wilson all playing off Marin sounds awesome! He is our Giroud and France did ok with him. 

Considering how often they played that useless donkey I think they did better than ok. 

He's good at beard grooming, I'll give him that. 

Archived