First WOW factor signings for a good few years?

Boycie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Harrowram said:

Mount and Wilson look great signings. If we can get Abraham in and sell Butterfield to Forest I will be delighted.

Yano I think butterfield could actually be quite a useful player in a team that actually sets out to pass and move. He always got criticised for passing sideways but I never remember much movement ahead of him. He clearly has ability just needs the right manager to get the best from him. See vydra in second season from first for eg.

if we can get Blackman, Martin and anya out, maybe Hanson out on loan, then I think Palmer in and we are there. Obviously if vydra goes then a new striker will be needed. 

20 minutes ago, Ramos said:

if we can get Blackman, Martin and anya out, maybe Hanson out on loan, then I think Palmer in and we are there. Obviously if vydra goes then a new striker will be needed. 

So you'd rather keep Nugent & Jerome than one of the most intelligent footballers at the club? Just what has Martin done wrong that so many hate him ffs.

Edit: good to see you still hate Martin @Ninos

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I was excited by Johnson and Butterfield too. Still think Butterfield is bullied a bit. Think people go OTT. He's never lost a game on his own but you would never believe it.

Johnson I think he's been a massive flop. Was so excited and amazed we'd managed to get him. Now I'm gutted when I see his name on the team sheet and he was rubbish on Saturday. 

Kind of taught me not to get carried away.

I was amazed by the johnson and Butterfield signings - I couldn’t believe how much we paid for them and how much we have paid them - not thier fault - but nowhere near likely to be any value in it for us

@eddie

when I wrote the op I did actually think of recent signings, Ince did cross my mind, but then I thought he’d not done anything at previous clubs post Blackpool’s promotion season until he came here on loan.  He then exploded onto the scene again.

In my opinion the hype behind these players and everyone’s opinion outside the club makes me think these are season defining loan signings.

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I was amazed by the johnson and Butterfield signings - I couldn’t believe how much we paid for them and how much we have paid them - not thier fault - but nowhere near likely to be any value in it for us

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but looking back did we really need BOTH Johnson and Butterfield? A loan for a midfielder probably would have been better. Hughes was always going to be out for a long time due to his injury but at the time, Bryson’s injury was considered minor. We still had Thorne, Baird and Hendrick and a few others. I wonder whether they considered the long term impact because what would they have done when Hughes and Bryson were fit again as them two and Hendrick were probably ahead of both of Johnson and Butterfield  in the pecking order. 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but looking back did we really need BOTH Johnson and Butterfield? A loan for a midfielder probably would have been better. Hughes was always going to be out for a long time due to his injury but at the time, Bryson’s injury was considered minor. We still had Thorne, Baird and Hendrick and a few others. I wonder whether they considered the long term impact because what would they have done when Hughes and Bryson were fit again as them two and Hendrick were probably ahead of both of Johnson and Butterfield  in the pecking order. 

We thought that we would get promoted and have cash to spare. 

24 minutes ago, McLovin said:

No we didn’t need both, one loan up until Christmas and see how we were doing and then sign them for longer or a different loan player - mind you in January we brought Blackman and camara - what utter dreadful transfer windows they were for us ( but not it seems a certain player agency firm) 

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

Derby County are going to win the League this season!!!! 

Whatever players Frank wants will probably come here. We will play like a Championship hybrid of Chelsea and Man City. Goals coming from everywhere on the pitch. 

We will be the trusted club to send the best youth players to improve and develop them.

Rowett is long gone. 

If Frank is excited what can the rest of us do but enjoy it. 

Come on you FLDCFC

Don't be daft. Forest have already won it - a month earlier than normal.

27 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why do we need a Goalkeeper ! We have the best in the league.

I think he means as a backup to Carson. I’m not really convinced of Roos or Mitchell either. Maybe that’s because I haven’t seen enough of them though

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I think he means as a backup to Carson. I’m not really convinced of Roos or Mitchell either. Maybe that’s because I haven’t seen enough of them though

For me of the two Roos is better and a decent back up , but that's it , I'll third that I wouldn't be comfortable with him as a number 1 for any length of time.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

So you'd rather keep Nugent & Jerome than one of the most intelligent footballers at the club? Just what has Martin done wrong that so many hate him ffs.

Edit: good to see you still hate Martin @Ninos

Not really. Jerome is average at best, Nuge decent.  I’d sell Jerome. Your ostrich like love for this forgotten guy given he’s done nothing in forever is mind boggling. Between him and Butterfield you have the most useless two players to don the uniform since Derek Hales ... ? unfortunately it will be very hard to move either player they’re that bad. Again how any fan still has faith in either is a mystery. 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, eddie said:

For me, the last one was Tom Ince.

Yes I was excited by that one. And he did well for us too.

Archived