Blackman

CapeTownRams

2 minutes ago, David said:

Repeat what you like but it's better to just simply say I don't rate X player and leave it there, when you start throwing out theories such as he's not good enough to play in his own position in a Micky mouse league, and then move on to that's "normally" the case, it can often be found to be a load of balls with facts and classic examples which you just laugh off.

Anyhow it took me 2 minutes to discover that Blackman did play up top and finished the season there. It's 2 minutes that you wouldn't have thought to research before posting as your mind is made up, Blackman is useless, sell him now. 

Blackman is another player which arrived under the Clement tenure that hasn’t really settled at Derby, every time he’s fell off the injury table another manager has been in charge wanting to play a different style of football. He’s been at the club over 2 years now and been on the pitch in a Derby shirt for a total of 754 minutes which in game time is 8 games under 3 managers, possibly 4 if he played under Wassall.

I’m not wasting time searching for Blackman’s stats, fine if you want to. I’ve seen enough of him to know he’s an average player we paid too much for and are paying too much to. He’s not going to step up for us and I’d rather see a youngster given chance. Hopefully Blackman wants to play and goes out on loan again. Good for him.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

A nice little article even though over month old now. https://www.thejc.com/sport/football/blackman-maccabi-tel-aviv-1.464982

"After a highly successful campaign in Israel in which Blackman scored 12 goals, Maccabi’s enquiries about signing the striker permanently were rebuffed and Blackman was ordered to report for training with the Championship team after the end-of-season break."

---

I would imagine they were only interested in a free or another loan then.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

"After a highly successful campaign in Israel in which Blackman scored 12 goals, Maccabi’s enquiries about signing the striker permanently were rebuffed and Blackman was ordered to report for training with the Championship team after the end-of-season break."

---

I would imagine they were only interested in a free or another loan then.

Most likely. Or just a small fee. Anyway, seems like Blackman really enjoyed his time and was a big success.

He isn't rubbish.

He's definitely not a winger, where he was played by us.

Given a run in any championship side as a centre forward and with support from fans and team-mates he would score goals, as he did for Reading  and more recently in Israel. 

I don't think he's our best option but I don't think he's rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

He isn't rubbish.

He's definitely not a winger, where he was played by us.

Given a run in any championship side as a centre forward and with support from fans and team-mates he would score goals, as he did for Reading  and more recently in Israel. 

I don't think he's our best option but I don't think he's rubbish. 

That’s pretty fair.

For me he’s probably just not the standard of a top championship team or likely to get them there in my opinion, but for him, his loan spell was reasonably successful and should have been a morale boost.

He’s a good character, just previously badly positioned with us, as he’s certainly never looked a winger.

I do find the way many fans attach themselves to a player with this unending belief that they will somehow come good if they are given 'one more chance' to be quite amazing (and also strangely admirable).

Bryson, Martin, Mawene, Riggott (v2), Tyson, Burley, Ball are all examples of players where I have personally felt they have long passed the point where we even need to have the discussion.

In general, you can multiply the likelihood of this by two for any striker and by ten for any local born lad. 

1 hour ago, Wignall12 said:

A lot of people on here thought the same of our golden boot winner too .......remind me how it turned out again ?

With him hitting the post from one yard and looking completely shot for the rest of the game. Not bagging on him, and we wouldn't have been there without him, but you did ask.

Well done for managing history's only ever Kane / Blackman comparision.

58 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

With him hitting the post from one yard and looking completely shot for the rest of the game. Not bagging on him, and we wouldn't have been there without him, but you did ask.

Well done for managing history's only ever Kane / Blackman comparision.

He was talking about Vydra. 

6 hours ago, nottingram said:

What, in his incredibly limited game time for us, has drawn you to that conclusion?

I have drawn that conclusion by looking at his whole career...he is a striker who doesn’t score goals....an almost identical record of goals and games to Weimann (who I also think is rubbish) but where as Weimann at least got his goals in the Premiershite and Championship the deadly Blackman was “firing them in” in League 1 and the footballing hotbeds of the Scottish league and Israeli League...!

Archived