Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

16 minutes ago, archied said:

Reckon frank has had the nod from Tammy 

Abraham and Woods in , squad would be complete , just got to get rid of the deadwood , which is proving nigh on impossible . talking to a mate who went to Lincoln today , Butterfield and Jerome were awful , not putting themselves in the shop window

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Abraham and Woods in , squad would be complete , just got to get rid of the deadwood , which is proving nigh on impossible . talking to a mate who went to Lincoln today , Butterfield and Jerome were awful , not putting themselves in the shop window

Which can only mean Martin wasn’t - silver lining and all that 

16 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Who could blame Jerome? He’s been here 5 mins & hasn’t had the chance to cement a place yet. If he’s on a good screw, why would he be eager to join a smaller club already? Not in his interest. DCFC management need to earn their corn & find him a decent gig, if they want him off the payroll already.  

11 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Who could blame Jerome? He’s been here 5 mins & hasn’t had the chance to cement a place yet. If he’s on a good screw, why would he be eager to join a smaller club already? Not in his interest. DCFC management need to earn their corn & find him a decent gig, if they want him off the payroll already.  

Hear! Hear! What wise words! ?

I do agree regarding Jerome. He’s definitely available, but he’s well within his right to stay at the club and fight for his place. We paid a fee and his wages in the basis of an 18 month deal, as a club we should respect the contracts given out at the time. I know the reaction on her wasn’t over the top regarding his arrival, but many saw the positives in it and after a slow start he kicked us over the line.

22 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Who could blame Jerome? He’s been here 5 mins & hasn’t had the chance to cement a place yet. 

Well not giving a toss in the preseasons games hardly puts him top in Frankies thoughts does it.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well not giving a toss in the preseasons games hardly puts him top in Frankies thoughts does it.

The point was in response to the comment about putting himself in the shop window.  Can’t argue with your unrelated point tho!

2 minutes ago, RedSox said:

The point was in response to the comment about putting himself in the shop window.  Can’t argue with your unrelated point tho!

I know it was, I just suggested maybe it wasn't the shop window but Frankies gaze - but I can't see why he wouldn't look for a two/three year deal somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

I thought it was behind closed doors?

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I know it was, I just suggested maybe it wasn't the shop window but Frankies gaze - but I can't see why he wouldn't look for a two/three year deal somewhere else.

But that was just an opinion from a posters mate. Maybe he worked his nuts off and was let down by team mates. Or maybe he was awful and couldnt give a toss. 

1 persons opinion is hardly a good sample size

4 minutes ago, Charlie Dram said:

But that was just an opinion from a posters mate. Maybe he worked his nuts off and was let down by team mates. Or maybe he was awful and couldnt give a toss. 

1 persons opinion is hardly a good sample size

True, it's just he's another that you'd think would want to secure a longer deal.

@RoyMac5You'd expect there would be plenty trying to. Particularly someone of his vintage. Get a cheeky 2 year deal now as opposed to his remaining year.

Imagine being a runner up top and you're wanting to impress and your supply line is Butterfield. 

You'd just think 'Whats the point'

Imagine if all this "no money" stuff was part of Mel's plan of preventing Derby paying over the odds for players as we have done before when having our summer spending sprees.... I remember Lampard stating at the start of the season that there is money in the kitty, however there will be some out goings.. not once did he say it's going to be a 1 in and 1 out policy tho...  I think that there is money in the bank... But not in the same proportion as previous years (hence the loans) . 

I also think if Lampard wanted Waghorn,he could get him regardless of if Vydra goes or not.... But let's have it right.. anyone who thinks Waghorn is better than Vydra needs their heads testing.. and even though selling Vydra would balance the books a bit... I think it's more to do with the amount of players we have in the striking department as to why we haven't signed Waghorn rather than the money we supposedly need to raise before we can...

I really don’t buy into all this crap about who’s better than who, it’s all about systems and based upon what I have seen so far I would much rather have Waghorn every day of the week over Vydra. Just as if we were playing 4-2-3-1 again Vydra would be the first name on my team sheet. 

In my opinion it seems similar to the Bryson situation last season when everybody seems to have had a melt down, he was never going to be disciplined enough to play the holding role, therefore it was almost pointless having him, but now in a system that suits him in delighted to see him back, particularly is he can keep fit and hit the heights of previous seasons.

Whatever happens it was enjoyable to see Vyds score the goals he did last season, proving what a good goal scorer he is, in what was a pretty dull season based on the quality of football. 

Opinions huh?! 

13 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Do we really need Woods?

8 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Do we really need Woods?

Long term I would say yes, we have mount this season but probably not next season but woods would get plenty of game time even if we took him this year - not that there is any indication that we are trying to sign him 

Archived