Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

There has been an lot spoken and not much said......

No rumours about having spoken to him

Him wanting to come

Him being at Moor Farm

Personal terms / medical..........

Does anyone have any knowledge as to what is actually going off???   This silence is deafening..............

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Doesnt matter who will miss out initially, its a 46 game season with plenty of midweek games and players will pick injuries & suspensions. Also, with the way we are likely to play with the high & fast press I can see 2 of the front 3 subbed each game and the wingers probably rotated to keep them all fresh. Cant rely on just a set 3 to do the business, thats where we went wrong last season with Vydra, nobody else contributed enough towards the goals

For certain this is the plan. Run other teams off their feet. 

17 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Genuine question, where do you fit Vydra? 

Unless Pre season has been for nothing this season will be playing a 4-3-3. Vydra was pretty useless up front and on the wing, he doesn't have the defensive qualities to play midfield. 

No matter what way you look at him he simply cannot fit the system we have now. 

I think you need different players if you need a different system .  Who knows what can happen first game of the season it was only 3 years ago we lost 2 first choice midfielders in the first game, things change and you need the players too change them. Better to have them there than to panic buy at a cost of 10 million

11 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

We didn't get anything additional from the Ince sale, no sell on clause and there was no money made by Huders on the sale....

As I understood it we only got 8.5 up front rising to 11.   Irrespective of the fact Huddersfield sold at 10 we surely get our additional payment , very poor management of the deal if not.

12 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As I understood it we only got 8.5 up front rising to 11.   Irrespective of the fact Huddersfield sold at 10 we surely get our additional payment , very poor management of the deal if not.

Think the add-ons were payable if Huddersfield stayed up.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

giphy.gif

Do my ears look pointed in this??

No more Rowettball for. Me. Ion drive, any other galaxy. ?

I said RamsTV not Ramsmoon 3 ?

No Ramshighlights, are we in the right sector? ?

We signed a Clingon? We have enough midfielders as it is. ?

Oh no, Proton torpedoes, get me some haemorrhoid creme, bones. ♨️

Waghorn was one of the first players I suggested we sign under Lamps.

Ran his absolute balls off when we played them last season. He doesn’t have that wow factor because he doesn’t score 15+ a season, but his work rate is unreal. I doubt he’d be on sky high wages at Ipswich, if we can get him for 3-4m and ditch Nugent or/and Jerome then I’ll be confident we can last the course of the season with a high energy forward line.

I still think people overlook Mason Bennett, he’s been quality in these pre season games and surely a good option to have around. Shown he is capable of playing out wide and up top

Still wish Abraham was the one coming in mind, but that was a pipe dream I guess.

3 hours ago, t'oldu said:

There has been an lot spoken and not much said......

No rumours about having spoken to him

Him wanting to come

Him being at Moor Farm

Personal terms / medical..........

Does anyone have any knowledge as to what is actually going off???   This silence is deafening..............

Yes, Vydra has a touch of the old Saturday Night Fever so failed a medical, which means none of the old doh ray me in our back burner.

Once Vyds gets to the old quack and gives them a load of old verbal things will start to happen, until then we are none the wiser.

You know, I’m not feeling it regarding this proposed transfer. Whether it’s the price Ipswich supposedly want I don’t know but everything Frank’s done so far has either impressed or excited me but I’m just like pfft on this one. ☹️

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think it rose to 11 when hudersfield stayed up, job done, then they got rid of ince .

Still dont know what to think of this transfer, i think the 8m figure is what puts me off. However, his stats are similar to Vydra's, people can say yeah Waghorn had 1 good season but so has Vydra in 3 or 4 years. Most fans on here think 11m isnt enough for Vydra but then think 8m is too much for Waghorn even though he scored more goals from open play and got more assists than Vydra. In last seasons formation id go Vydra, in this seasons id go Waghorn.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It isn't 8 million, it won't be 8 million , it hasn't ever been 8 million.

He is rated by Ipswich as 8 million, but we won't pay that.

We will pay 4 million up front with add ons dependant on promotion, which isn't a bad deal.

4 million is at least 2 over priced. Really hope this doesn’t happen unless we off load Jerome and or  Nugent  first. We don’t need Martin , Nugent, Jerome and Waghorn all vying for one place and all on high wages. Lunacy 

why can’t people get it through their head that’s it not a straight 8m

It a deal worth 8m... promotion, goals appearances etc etc 

so if he/we do v well we pay 8m ... so if that’s the case where’s the problem especially if some of that 8m deal is us going up 

people just read the sun, the daily fail and social media and see 8m reported and get into a right flap 

oooooo 8million, it’s 8 million, can’t believe we’re paying 8 million, 8 million u say, oh my god it’s 8 million 

have a word with yourselves 

it ain’t a straight 8m is it 

It’s like trying to explain it to my stuck in the 70’s dad lol

19 minutes ago, Doodle said:

4 million is at least 2 over priced. Really hope this doesn’t happen unless we off load Jerome and or  Nugent  first. We don’t need Martin , Nugent, Jerome and Waghorn all vying for one place and all on high wages. Lunacy 

It’s not overpriced at 4m 

16 league goals and however many assists, the fact that rangers were daft enough to let him go for 250k is immaterial and just an unholey mes up on their part  

in the current market we paid 1.5m for Cameron Jerome 

7m for Lawrence 

6m Johnson 

4m for butterfield

4m for Anya 

8m for Vydra 

2. Whatever it was for flojo

forest just paid 6m for 30 yo grabben

id say at 4m Waghorn represents bang on the norm price wise for what he is

2m would be cheap and a v good deal for us being as they don’t want to sell him and there’s other suitors (boro) in for him.

Supply and demand 

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It’s not overpriced at 4m 

16 league goals and however many assists, the fact that rangers were daft enough to let him go for 250k is immaterial and just an unholey mes up on their part  

in the current market we paid 1.5m for Cameron Jerome 

7m for Lawrence 

6m Johnson 

4m for butterfield

4m for Anya 

8m for Vydra 

2. Whatever it was for flojo

forest just paid 6m for 30 yo grabben

id say at 4m Waghorn represents bang on the norm price wise for what he is

2m would be cheap and a v good deal for us being as they don’t want to sell him and there’s other suitors (boro) in for him.

Supply and demand 

Still makes me shudder, 4m for Anya.

52 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It isn't 8 million, it won't be 8 million , it hasn't ever been 8 million.

He is rated by Ipswich as 8 million, but we won't pay that.

We will pay 4 million up front with add ons dependant on promotion, which isn't a bad deal.

And if part of the up front £4M includes Blackman or Buttocks, it will be the bargain of the century - not looking like we'll shift them unless we can sneak them into a part-exchange....

Archived