Pre season

Beardmm

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers @David no idea how I missed that, he's not even sneaking in the back! Everyone's accounted for in my eyes then, other than Martin and the injured Olsson. 

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Thorne looks like he has been eating well in the off season.

Bad angle, as has been highlighted in this thread. He's actually looking very trim.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Bad angle, as has been highlighted in this thread. He's actually looking very trim.

Still looks on the heavier side to me. Don’t think it is fat though, I actually think he’s put too much muscle on. Bryson, Keogh, Forsyth, Blackman and Davies have the ideal body types for a footballer. Not too much muscle but the right amount that they need to ensure they retain their other attributes. The fittest players in the world very rarely have a lot of muscle. 

Thorne was at his best in 13/14 when he didn’t have too muscle. If he gets that body back then we will have a very good player at this level.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Still looks on the heavier side to me. Don’t think it is fat though, I actually think he’s put too much muscle on. Bryson, Keogh, Forsyth, Blackman and Davies have the ideal body types for a footballer. Not too much muscle but the right amount that they need to ensure they retain their other attributes. The fittest players in the world very rarely have a lot of muscle. 

Thorne was at his best in 13/14 when he didn’t have too muscle. If he gets that body back then we will have a very good player at this level.

Don't think that's likely. 

Two ACL injuries and a broken leg. Each of those injuries have a muscle-strengthening recovery period, and he's had little time between them to 'reset', so they've just added on to each other. If he does get back to his old fitness it will take a long time. 

4 minutes ago, HariboWest said:

With all the old faces coming back, Bryson Butterfield etc... there’s a distinct lack of any sign of Chris Martin in these pics and videos?

First out the door?

He's holding the camera.

Archived