Pre season

Beardmm

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

Okay I told Cardiff that, and they told me that it was a silly point to make because of the collective nervous breakdown you had when I suggested Paul Lambert as manager, Cardiff reckons that Derby fans don't want to play a good old fashioned English 4-4-2 and to rely on 25 goals from your defenders from set pieces to win games.

Cardiff reckons you would look a bit silly getting excited about appointing a young England legend if he turns out to be the games natural successor to Tony Pulis, and reckons that the chances of Andre Wisdom scoring 10 goals like their right back are pretty slim considering he is halfway through his career and has 0 league goals to his name. 

So you probably do need that striker. That's what I thought they were going to say to be honest, but asked just in case. 

Bloody hell, are you going to go on about Lambert forever? I point out a team went up without a 20 goal a season striker and you somehow end up talking about Lambert again. No one gives a duck about him so do you really need to bring him up constantly in every point you make?

Lampard may turn out to have a style like Pulis, but we won't know that for a good few months yet. He's come in with Morris (please don't go all Mother Teresa on us again because I've mentioned his name) where they played attacking football for Chelsea's u23s and scored plenty of goals. He's been asked about how he will want his team to play and he's suggested a fast paced, high energy attacking style. So forgive us for thinking we may get attacking football this season.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived