What happens if Frank doesn’t play Chris Martin

Curtains

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Some interesting comments from Chris Martin here regarding the squad size and how he came to go out on loan again. 

Appreciate Frank had to make a call with what he had, and Martin probably not helped with his illness, but still cant help think he would suit the current playing style. His ability to hold the ball up, lay it off and bring others around him into play would work really well with the likes of mount and wilson, especially as he had the ability to create space for those around him too.

Always thought his contribution to the team was for more than scoring goals. I know its opinions but always thought the criticism of Martin was short sited.

4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You don't score 150+ league goals being a headless chicken. Past his best no doubt but that's just a daft comment!

Although I agree with your sentiments with this statement. I also agree with Curtians and Roy.

But sadly that is down to the fact that he is not really getting the feed that his style is used to.

Ergo when he gets forward he chases the ball around while the opposition backs pass it around and this gives him the look of someone just running around in circles like a headless chicken.

On 06/10/2018 at 11:52, Curtains said:

Headless chicken that’s what I think about Nugent sorry 

Do you understand how a high pressing game works?

If Nugent is being made to look like a headless chicken it is most likely because his team mates are not doing their job properly

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you understand how a high pressing game works?

If Nugent is being made to look like a headless chicken it is most likely because his team mates are not doing their job properly

Fair comment .

Nugent has loads of endeavor and is running around upfront for the team often on his own .

It appears to me to be wasted energy and often causing fouls by him. .

Scored a good goal against Brentford from a long ball by Johnson but hasn’t scored too many this season. 

No doubt has been a very good player particularly in his Preston days. 

I would have loaned him out rather than Martin-but then you will tell Martin can’t play a high pressing game as Per Vydra as well. 

The high press point is a good one but when we're having 60/70% possession a game and struggling to do anything with it due to our striking options something has to give. 

This is not a call for Martin, just a call for someone who can give us some cohesion up top instead of it flying back to Keogh and Tomori. I thought Marriott did that role a bit better than Nuge had been doing it recently. Maybe Waghorn can chip in too. 

Archived