Jordan Jones

Stuniverse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sage said:

Another Gerrard v Lampard story.

On the whole Lampard vs Gerrard thing - you'd have to say that Frank has clearly won the first round (i.e. choose the right club). Yes, we might be a few years away from European football, have a reputation for being a bit trigger happy in getting rid of managers and still a risk (on both sides). But I'd guess that 99% of new managers would have taken Derby as a sensible first appointment over Rangers, where the lid on the pressure kettle will be rattling before a ball is kicked.

All the fanboys are still in bed obviously.  I can’t wait to learn of this guy’s stats, how he could rip the Championship apart, what his real value is, and the various formations in which he would fit. Might even get first hand accounts of the games they have seen him play in, or worst case a montage of step-overs off the YouTube.

Till then there seems little point giving this story any mileage.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

All the fanboys are still in bed obviously.  I can’t wait to learn of this guy’s stats, how he could rip the Championship apart, what his real value is, and the various formations in which he would fit. Might even get first hand accounts of the games they have seen him play in, or worst case a montage of step-overs off the YouTube.

Well personally I’ve never heard of him. So no stats from me.

looks alright on fifa though! ?

47 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Well personally I’ve never heard of him. So no stats from me.

looks alright on fifa though! ?

Is he a 69?

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I'm curious, why does looking at a player's stats for previous clubs to try and gauge how good he's done make someone a fanboy? I agree that getting all excited over Youtube montages is a tad over the top, but what should we do when being linked with a player if we've rarely seen them play? Forums are there for people to discuss things. All we have to go off are stats, a few videos here and there and the odd game or 2 we've seen them play. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm curious, why does looking at a player's stats for previous clubs to try and gauge how good he's done make someone a fanboy? I agree that getting all excited over Youtube montages is a tad over the top, but what should we do when being linked with a player if we've rarely seen them play? Forums are there for people to discuss things. All we have to go off are stats, a few videos here and there and the odd game or 2 we've seen them play. 

That's ridiculous. How can you restrict player knowledge to Wikipedia and YouTube?

Haven't you heard of FIFA18?

1 minute ago, sage said:

That's ridiculous. How can you restrict player knowledge to Wikipedia and YouTube?

Haven't you heard of FIFA18?

I see you're living in the dark ages still, Football Manager is the game for stats now days. Jones has 14/20 technique and 15/20 flair. Sign him up I say! 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

I see you're living in the dark ages still, Football Manager is the game for stats now days. Jones has 14/20 technique and 15/20 flair. Sign him up I say! 

FIFA18 has his pace at 89. Sign him up!!

34 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I am curious, after some 5000 posts on here, why you should think l am doing anything but taking the urine.  Study my profile, and posting stats. Look hard enough on the YouTube and you might find a few videos of me.  Nailed on urine-taker. I do hope you are not mistaking me for Bris.

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I am curious, after some 5000 posts on here, why you should think l am doing anything but taking the urine.  Study my profile, and posting stats. Look hard enough on the YouTube and you might find a few videos of me.  Nailed on urine-taker. I do hope you are not mistaking me for Bris.

Oh I knew you were taking the p*ss, I gathered that. I was just questioning the use of the word fanboys. And you and Bris come across quite similar to be fair, very opinionated and it's usually opinions that go against the majority. And both are bloody know-it-alls ?

4 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

On the whole Lampard vs Gerrard thing - you'd have to say that Frank has clearly won the first round (i.e. choose the right club). Yes, we might be a few years away from European football, have a reputation for being a bit trigger happy in getting rid of managers and still a risk (on both sides). But I'd guess that 99% of new managers would have taken Derby as a sensible first appointment over Rangers, where the lid on the pressure kettle will be rattling before a ball is kicked.

And the Championship is about 4 levels higher than the SPL....

Archived